chapter 27

Never forget the good done to you....

Efua POV

I was placed under bed rest after l donated my blood to Efeosa. I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing but  deep within me I felt this happiness and joy I hadn't felt in a long time.

I had done my bit in saving Efeosa's life. After all everyone deserves a second chance. I only prayed that he makes good use of this one.

I turned on my bed and faced the wall. My life was already a mess here so I needed to find a reason to keep living, elsewhere since death has denied me its visit.

I had made up my mind to discontinue with everything. I mean the contract marriage and everything that has to do with this family.

I wanted to live far away from the people I know. I wanted to live in a strange place where nobody would neither know who I am nor my past story.

I wanted to live a hidden life of inner pain and misery which I knew would kill me faster than any other means l could think of. I smiled bitterly at myself.

I knew I was a unique person with strange personality. One who over looks things and live for others. "Let's live happily together" was my motto before now. I wanted to be happy and make sure everyone around me were happy as well, but life has taught me that I have no reason to be happy.

My name is Efua. Which means light. But all I saw around me was nothing but  darkness!

Right from birth, my life has been nothing but a sad story. I have prayed and hope that my destiny be reshaped into something beautiful some day, but now my hope has been broken. I no longer fear to face my fears.

That is why I had informed them that I am leaving today! Yes. My mind was made up. I shall leave them to live in their wealth and happiness.

My part is darkness so i must trod it alone. This is a truth I never wanted to tell myself because I was too afraid to leave alone.

But now there was nothing left for me to fear. The rejection I dreaded I have received in abundance. The love I seek among the living, I was denied.

The little dignity and self worth I had left inside of me was stolen from me that night by Lucas.

I was dead inside. I was just the moving corpse waiting to miss its step and fall so as to be buried.

I got up from the bed and headed towards the door. I walked past Ese and Temmy who were in the living room. They tried stopping me but could not.

So they begged to know were I was heading to and i told them everywhere, but they didn't understand what I meant. Everywhere was going to be my destination since I planned to live on the street as a lunatic.

I was sure the lunatics on the street wouldn't mind me joining them since there are many streets.

More over, my  journey to "everywhere" is such a long destination! Ese and Temmy looked at each other as though I was mad. But they were not far from the truth. I was a mad woman with clothes on about to enter the street where l truly belong.

Ese begged and begged. Temmy just didn't know how to stop me. I was emotionless to Ese's tears. I guess it was because I had so cried that it makes no meaning to me any More.

I was leaving their lives just as I came...with nothing but the clothes I was wearing. I was walking towards the gate with Ese wailing behind me as though someone had died followed by Temmy.

Then madam walked in with Barr Mark. Ese had called her and informed her of my decision of leaving them for real.

I saw them approaching me but I silently walked past them. Madam walked towards me and laying on the ground she held my two legs. Stopping me from moving any further.

"Tell me Efua, my daughter, what I must do to make you stay and I will do it."  She crawled on the ground as she helped herself to a sitting position on the ground still holding my legs as though l was going to run if she should let go of my legs. Ese soon joined her mother, then Temmy.

"Please child, don't go. It was Barr Mark. He walked towards me and placed his hand on my shoulder.  "please child? he repeated as though I hadn't heard him the first time. Then he continued. "Remember how much  Dr Osas wanted you to be a part of his family. Remember how he fought to maintain your place in this family, even till death. How do you think he will feel seeing you go like this?"

I shut my eyes tight. I wanted to just follow my mind which ordered me to run from everyone and everything.

But my heart was already melting after hearing those words of plea from Barr Mark. Especially when he mentioned how dad would have felt if he were here.

Not ignoring the strange joy I felt inside of me when madam called me her daughter. I allowed my harden heart to melt away like wax. The mixed joy it brought with it made me cry like I have never before...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for reading/ voting/ sharing / commenting. If you haven't done any please try to do one. Thanks💖💖🙆