chapter 22

A dream in reality...

I found myself on a lonely path being chased by a violent masquerade. I ran and ran but he caught up with me. He started flogging me mercilessly with a cane-like iron. I was bleeding all over me. Injuries all over my body!

I thought I was going to die. Then Efeosa came from no where and attacked the masquerade. They fought and fought until the masquerade disappeared.

I turned to Efeosa to thank him for saving me but he fell down and laid still. I shook him and called his name severally but there was no response. "You can't die and leave me here. This place is too lonely. Please get up and let's go home." I continue to wail.

I was cut short by a very familiar voice.

"Courage oh daughter! He's not dead!"

I stopped wailing and turned. I saw that same beautiful woman I had called mother years back. She looked sadly at me.

"Mother! Where have you been?

She gave me that same beautiful but sad smile she gave me the last time and  looked at Efeosa who was still unmovable on the ground.

" only you can save him now! Hurry, there is no time to think of the past, or even now! Hurry before it's too late. Save him..save him..

Before I could say anything more she was gone. I turned to Efeosa on the ground, I tried carrying him but I couldn't and no one to help me...l tried and tried until I cried out of my sleep.

"What kind of a dream is this? I looked at the time. It was 12am. Oh God I hope Efeosa is fine. "

He had travelled outside the country on a business trip about three days ago though he didn't tell me when he was returning.
I was alone in the house. I got up from my bed and knelt besides my bed in prayer. I was just rounding up when my phone rang. It was Ese I could hear Temmy from the background though I couldn't get what exactly he was saying.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Am sorry I had to wake you. It's Temmy. He has been quarrelling with me all day just because he caught me drinking. I have begged and apologized but he wouldn't listen instead he calls me all sorts of awful names. She started sobbing like a baby.

Is true Ese is my senior but when it came to matters like this, she would always behave like my junior.

" is he there?" I asked her

"No, he left the living room as soon as I told him I was calling you to report him as well as myself"

I couldn't help but smile at their childish behavior. They're just perfect together. This was not the first time they had had arguments, but they always manage to reconcile and move on as though nothing ever happened before.

"Hello? Are you still there?"

"Yes, I was just thinking how cute you sound when you cry"

"Go away joor." She laughed.

"But I don't want to lose him".

"No one is losing anyone. I shall talk to him tomorrow since he doesn't feel like talking tonight. Don't worry. Everything will be fine."

"Thanks so much. I knew you would help me as you always do. Yet I can't even help you...."

She was cut short by the loud noise from my end. Even I was shocked.

"What was that?" She asked

"I don't know. I will go and check."

"Oh my God, I don't know why I feel this terrible. Please be careful. Try and call me back so that I will know that all is well.

"Okay I will bye" I said almost in a whisper.

I hung up and went downstairs. The front door was wide up.

Efeosa is that you?  There was no response.

I was about to rush back to the room to call Ese and inform her that my house was broken into and that she should call for help when someone grabbed me from behind.

***"""""""†******

I woke up later that morning in the hospital and saw Ese and Temmy sitting  on a long chair in the ward.

I sent her a questioning look. But she said nothing. I tried to stand up but felt a sharp pain between my legs instead. The pain was so sharp. Just like the one I felt when I was raped years ago.

The thought of that experience alone scares me to death...

Or wait, was I raped again last night?oh! I covered my mouth as the memory of last night replayed in my head!

Am always thankful for your time in reading my work. 😘😘😘😘😘. Please don't forget to vote, share and comment. Thanks.