Chapter 25: Mercedes, Lucian, and Castiel

       "I don't know if that's such a good idea," Shaw said as the two of us were sitting at a table in the cafeteria. "I mean, I get where you're coming from and why you want to do it but... I know all about sibling feuds. Forcing them to get along again might make things worse."

       "It won't really be forcing them to get along," I said. "Just making Hennessy realize she's treating her brother completely unfairly."

       "Remind me why Hennessy is mad at Grant," Shaw said.

       I sighed. "Because apparently, she liked me too so she's upset Grant is the one dating me. But Grant did tell me that he liked me since the very first day of school and I didn't even know Hennessy then."

       "Ouch, teenage drama," Shaw said. "The worst kind. Everyone's petty and nothing makes sense."

       "It's even worse when I feel like the cause of their drama," I said. "And they're twins. But it's not my fault that I'm so lovable."

       Ugh, I think Grant was starting to rub off on me. Then again, it could be a good thing since I was normally a very insecure person so at least I had some confidence in me to call myself lovable.

       "Have you ever tried talking to Hennessy?" Shaw asked. "And explaining to her exactly why you like Grant."

       I was silent for a bit, not sure if I should bring up what Hennessy said. Then again, Shaw was my sponsor and even though he was here for me mainly to talk about my addiction, he was willing to sit and listen to my teenage problems.

       Even more so when we found out my mom and his dad are dating.

       "I... I did," I said. "It didn't go too well. It seemed like for a moment, she would understand and then even realize she's treating Grant unfairly but she didn't. I told her how I have a drinking problem and how Grant did everything he could to help me through it. And she said he's only doing that to prove he's not like his dad but how he's already close to be like him, especially with a boyfriend who's an alcoholic."

       "Okay, so if she said that to you, then why are you wanting to go through the trouble of mending Grant's family?" Shaw asked. 

       "She did apologize," I said. "I didn't forgive her because the apology was horrible but I could tell she was sorry about what she said. And Grant did tell me that if Hennessy apologized properly, he would forgive her. That's why Vikram and I want to help Hennessy realize she's in the wrong. Do you think we have a chance?"

       "Well, if you want my honest opinion," Shaw said. "It's a low possibility. I don't know Hennessy too well but I did meet her, with the rest of Grant's family, when I was sponsoring him and let's just say it wasn't surprising what she said to you."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Did she say some horrible things about Grant's drug addiction?"

       "You could say that," Shaw said. "It was mainly just her agreeing to whatever her mom said and even adding onto it. And her mom has never really been supportive to Grant through his tough times."

       "Maybe mending their family isn't the best thing to do," I said with a heavy sigh. "There goes my and Vikram's plan. That we didn't even quite have yet. We just thought of getting Hennessy and Grant talking again."

       "You can still try," Shaw said. "Even if I was Grant's sponsor, you probably know him more than me and if you really think you and Vikram should go through with it, then you can at least try. But, and I'm saying this as Grant's past sponsor and someone who went through something similar, only mend Hennessy and Grant's relationship."