The Gossipers and The Fangirls

"OH MY MOONS!" Sunny screeched that night, as Haze revealed her and Boysen's news to her and Thorn.

"Shocking, isn't it?" Meerkat questioned, assuming that Sunny was on his side.

He had forgotten that Sunny was a fangirl.

"IT'S AWESOME!!!!"

"Wait what?" Meerkat raised his eyebrows and Sunny let out a delighted scream.

"My ship is sailing!!!" Haze grinned, nodding at Sunny.

"Okay," She admitted. "You just moved up ten spots on the Stepmother scale."

"Yes!" Sunny highfived herself and Haze rolled her eyes, turning to Thorn, who was half glaring at Boysen.

".....What?" Boysen asked finally.

"You're half Nightwing, aren't you?" Thorn declared.

"Um, Yes?"

"Of course you are." Thorn deadpanned. "Haze, you had ONE JOB."

"I did? What was that?" She asked.

"Get married BEFORE having dragonets."

"OOOoooooh." Haze offered. "Fail." Thorn facetaloned.

"Everybody fails it. Smolder failed, Palm failed, Qibli failed, I failed it, for crying out loud."

"It's an unreasonable rule." Haze offered.

"In THIS Kingdom, yes." Thorn sighed. "But, whatever, moving on, Congratulations!"

"Is happy Thorn back now?" Boysen whispered. Haze nodded.

"Yep, she's back." Haze confirmed.

"What does this make me?" Thorn asked. "A great-grandmother? A grandmother? Step great grandmother?"

"You're too young to be great grandmother." Sunny insisted. "Hell, I'm WAY too young to be a grandmother."

"Sunny, you're the same age as Glory, and she's a GREAT grandmother." Meerkat piped up.

"Yeah, but that's GLORY'S family. They all have children at a ridiculously young age."

"Hey," Thorn objected. "I had you at a ridiculously young age."

".....Touche." Sunny offered, and they both turned back to Boysen and Haze.

"So," Thorn started. "Boy or girl?"

"Have you picked out names yet?" Sunny asked.

"What tribe so you think it'll look most like?" They continued their rapid fire of questions until Boysen's head started to spin.

"Uh....." Boysen stammered, entirely overwhelmed.

"I'm out." Meerkat declared. "Sunny, I'll talk to you again when you've regained mental sanity."

"Kat, my OTP is getting married and having a child- I'M NEVER GOING TO BE MENTALLY SANE AGAIN!" Sunny proclaimed. Meerkat slowly backed out of the room, slightly afraid.

"We don't know if it's a boy or girl yet." Haze offered. She grinned. "Although I have my suspicions."

"Suspicions that you won't tell me about for some bizarre unknown reason." Boysen complained.

"Because I want you to be surprised!"

"Haven't I been surprised enough already?" He whined. "I want answers now!"

"Too bad!"

"Adorable." Sunny grinned, staring at them. "Just adorable."

"Sunny, you're verging into creepy stalker territory again." Thorn warned.

"Sorry." 

*~*~*~*

Meanwhile, in the Rainforest

Joy sat at a table, thinking about, of all things, Macaw and Faithbringer. She had observed several strange conversations between the two over the last few months, and now, she thought she had finally figured out what was really going on between her and Nightflyer's old enemies. 

"Hey," Kelp offered, entering the room. He raised an eyebrow at her pondering face. "What's up?"

"Just..." She began. "I overheard a weird conversation."

"I'm listening." Kelp insisted, sitting down next to her.

"Well, it's just got me thinking, and now I have a theory." 

"What is it?"

"What would you think if Macaw and Faithbringer had been secretly hooking up?" Kelp let out a noise somewhere between a gag and an undignified snort, and promptly went into a coughing fit, choking on air.

"WHAT?" He shouted once he regained the power of speech. "Why would you think that?"

"Because I overheard them talking earlier," Joy went on. "And I'm pretty positive that they not only hooked up- but I think Faithbringer's knocked up."

"Oh. MY. Moons."

"I know!"

"That is possibly the most disturbing and disgusting thing I have ever heard."

"I KNOW!"

"That child is going to be SUCH a jerk."

"Yeah. And knowing Macaw's family history, the kid will probably go after Rin's son or something."

"Creepy." Kelp shuddered and Joy tilted her head.

"Do you think Macaw will finally stop tormenting me if he has a kid with Faithbringer?"

"I wish." Kelp muttered. "But it's highly unlikely. Macaw is just as obsessed with you as he was when we were dragonets."

"I wish he'd stop it." Joy insisted. "I mean, he got a lot less creepy about it once you and I got married, but the way he looks at me still makes me feel like there's a spider crawling up my back." She shivered at the thought.

"I don't like him either." Kelp declared. "I never have. He's just the kind of guy that makes me worry whenever I know you're alone."

"And yet, Faithbringer, of all dragons,  somehow got close to him."

"They were probably plotting something and things took a turn."

"Probably.....Do you think Faithbringer will marry him?" They glanced at each other and burst out laughing.

"Oh, how our enemies have fallen!" Kelp declared.