What'd I Miss?

True to his word, Wren got Raven released from the jail the second dawn hit the rainforest. The two promptly ran off into some random area in the forest while Joy reclaimed her throne from Glory, and made it clear to the rest of the forest that she was back, she was fine, and the dragons that had kidnapped her had been dealt with. Severely.

"So! Did I miss anything?" Joy questioned, lounging on her throne. Kelp smiled at her, happy to see that Joy was back to normal. 

"Not much," He offered honestly. "More rumors surrounding the idea that Queen Moorhen's health is fading fast, but that's to be expected. Her daughter has taken up the throne for now, so it only depends on if she'll keep it or Moorhen's younger sister will try to take it instead."

"Mudwing gossip, no doubt," Joy smirked. "I wouldn't be surprised if Moorhen shocked them all and made a full recovery. She's one of the stubbornest dragons I've ever met."

"True. Other than that, not much is going on. Silence from most of the other Kingdoms, although Thorn has said she has some gang activity stirring up again, so she recommended watching the tunnel, just in case."

"More gang activity? I thought that was done with after the Sting burned."

"Apparently not. According to Qibli and Coal, the Sting merged with the Talons of Power years ago, and while most of the members died when the Sting Headquarters burned, rumor has it some Talons of Power members are still out there, and are now looking for revenge."

"Revenge on who? Dawn?" Kelp shrugged.

"I don't know; Thorn didn't say." Joy frowned.

"Weird. I'll have to write her back and ask. Gang stuff in the Sandwing Kingdom always gets messy fast."

"Makes me glad we don't have any gangs here." Joy snorted.

"Oh yeah, we have the 'terrifying coconut killers' gang," She said sarcastically. "The Rainwings are too unmotivated for gang life, and the Nightwings are still just trying to build up their trustworthiness. I don't think we have anything to worry about."

"Especially considering our Public Enemies number one, two, and three are all locked up."

"We're a strict ruling family, Kelp. You mess with us, we crush you and go back to sleep. Simple, usually clean. We're precise like that. Other Kingdoms should take note."

"Maybe the other Kingdom's problem is that they just don't have peaceful subjects like we do."

"True." Joy thought for a minute. "What are we going to do about Raven?"

"What do you mean? Wren took him out of jail this morning."

"I know that, but think about it, Kelp. We either killed or imprisoned his entire family. Where is he supposed to go from here? Where does he live?"

"Somehow I think that Wren will have him moved in with him by the end of the day if we do nothing."

"Maybe that's a good idea, or I was wondering if we should try and dig up Faithbringer." Kelp wrinkled his snout in disgust. 

"Faithbringer? Why would we do that? She's awful, and she's made it quite clear that she wants nothing to do with her family."

"No, she made it clear that she wants nothing to do with Macaw, and since she thought he corrupted their sons, which he obviously did with Crow, she didn't want anything to do with them either. But Raven is nothing like them, so maybe she'd be willing to give him a chance, especially since Macaw and his family are gone now."

"I don't know... Air and Nightflyer might kill us for the idea of working with Faithbringer."

"Oh, they can deal. And besides, according to the tabs Rainkeeper has been keeping on her, it seems like she's matured a little bit. We don't know for sure. Maybe she's changed."

"Maybe... I'd leave it up to Raven, though."

"Of course. It is his call. I just figured we'd give him another option if he and Wren aren't in a good enough place to live together of something like that." Kelp half smiled.

"Considering Wren attempted to threaten Rainkeeper and the other guards about what he'd do to them if they didn't release Raven from his cell, I think they're in a pretty good place." Joy grinned.

"Good, because they're Dad's OTP and we need to continue our fanfiction."