BFFs For Life

"So," Aurora began, grinning at Wren. "Are we gonna talk about the hot guy that's TOTALLY into you, or what?" Wren looked mortified.

"First of all, he's not 'totally into me'" He began. "And secondly, NO, we're not. Pick a different subject."

"Ugh, FINE." Aurora scowled. "....But just so you know, you two would be so cute together, and I've already named your children."

"That's creepy."

"No it's not- what's creepy is that our mothers used to date, and they expect us to fall in love with each other." Wren shuddered.

"That alone is one of the many reasons I'm glad I don't like girls."

"Hey, girls aren't so bad!"

"Then you date one." Aurora raised an eyebrow.

"And miss watching Pax and Teal practically drool at my feet? No thanks."

"Speaking of Pax and Teal," 

"No."

"But-"

"Wren, no." Wren poked her.

"Hey, if you get to fantasize about MY future and name my children, then I get to ask if you like Pax or Teal." Aurora squirmed.

"Fine, but I get to ask you an invasive question too!" 

"Deal." She sighed. 

"I just... I don't know who I like. I don't really like either of them the way they like me." 

"Then you have to TELL them. Otherwise, they'll spend the rest of their lives mooning over you and will end up killing each other over it."

"They will not." Aurora insisted. "Pax will move on."

"And Teal?"

".........Pax will move on!" Wren shot her a look.

"Neither of them will move on, and you know it." 

"Look, you're my best friend and all, Wren, but sometimes girls have plans that only girls understand. And that is why I cannot tell Pax and Teal that I don't like them yet."

"That makes zero sense."

"You make zero sense." Wren rolled his eyes. 

"What invasive question is on your mind today?" He asked. Aurora thought for a moment, then looked at him seriously.

"Have you thought about telling your parents that you're gay?" Wren paused, his gaze dropping to the ground.

"Thinking about it is one thing." He muttered. "Actually saying it is much worse."

"Wren, they should know! And besides, they'll be totally cool with it."

"You don't know that." Aurora smirked.

"Seriously? Wren, you have the best family in the entire world. They'll love you no matter who you like to kiss."

"But what if you're wrong?" 

"Wren, your mother DATED my mother. She'll be completely fine if you're gay."

"It's not Mother I'm worried about."

"Your dad was completely fine with your mother dating girls! Why would he be upset?" Wren shook his head.

"Because...." He sighed. "I'm not mother- I'm his son. His only son."

"So?"

"So....." Wren groaned, taking a page out of Aurora's book. "SO, being somebody's only son means a lot more then you'd ever understand. It's not that simple to basically tell your father that the family line is going to die out because you'll never be with a girl."

".....That's a stupid reason."

"It's logical."

"And STUPID. Have you MET Parrot? Because I have, and he is probably the most accepting dragon ever."

"If by accepting you mean 'just doesn't give a shit'"

"Think for a moment, Wren. What does either of your parents ever actually give a shit about?" Wren paused.

"Okay, you got me there."

"I know." Aurora insisted. "I'm the best friend ever." Wren rolled his eyes.

"I don't know HOW you get by with such low self esteem," He said sarcastically.

"Oh shut up."