Air, Nightflyer, Firefly, and Coal

A/N: It's taken me the entire trip, but I FINALLY MANAGED TO write this all.

Possibility as a city had expanded over the years Coal and Firefly had lived there. The once small town had grown in popularity and recently a whole new street had opened up with lots of new shops.

The shops, to Firefly's delight, included a store for scrolls, and a large building that she, Adobe, Air, and Nightflyer were very excited about.

Air had wanted a place to give art lessons to dragonets, and Nightflyer had wanted a place to teach dragonets how to read and get them excited about learning before they went to JMA. So after Firefly had brought up how illiteracy in Possibility was a growing problem, they'd come up with the perfect solution.

They created an arts haven. A place with artwork, scrolls, and music, where Firefly and Nightflyer could teach dragons how to read, Air could teach them to sculpt and paint, and they could bring in singers and entertainers from all over Pyrrhia. Firefly and Adobe also sold the jewelry they made there, and they definitely considered it a step up from the stand in the marketplace they used to have.

Today was the grand opening of the arts haven, and while Firefly was happy, she couldn't help but wish Adobe was around for it. Her friend had gone with Squelch to the Mudwing Kingdom to see Cypress. After what had happened with Willow, she couldn't blame them for wanting to see their daughter.  Firefly made a note to write a letter to Adobe about the opening later, especially after Coal came running up to her with an awed expression on his face.

"Guess who just walked in the front door," He said.

"Who?" Firefly glanced over. She could see Air and Nightflyer talking to someone, but she didn't know who it was.

"Prince Cliff and Queen Auklet!" Coal replied. "Apparently Air knows Cliff and told him about this place, so he offered to come and sing for us. I'm not sure what Auklet is doing with him, though."

"Well, let's find out," Firefly grabbed his arm and dragged them over to where the Prince and Queen were talking with Air and Nightflyer.

"Not many places outside of the Sea Kingdom have access to these types of scrolls," Auklet was saying. "But Moray was more than happy to hand over a few when I told her more dragons would be able to read some of my mother's less popular scrolls." She rolled her eyes. "If you want, Air, I could bring in some Seawings who make waterproof canvases, in case anyone wanted their artwork displayed underwater."

"That would be amazing," Air insisted. "And, not to gossip, but I've heard a lot of rumors about you two lately..." She grinned as Auklet and Cliff both blushed.

"Well, I was going to write Peril, but maybe it'll be easier if you tell her,"  Cliff started. He glanced around to make sure no one else was listening, but lowered his voice anyway. "This CANNOT get back to my mother or the Seawings, got it?" Firefly, Coal, and Nightflyer nodded.

"Cross our wings and hope to fly," Air swore. "Now tell." Auklet glanced sheepishly at Cliff, her face going redder.

"We're engaged," She admitted. "Secretly." She added quickly.

"For now," Cliff went on, smiling at her. "We're trying to find the right moment to spill the news." Air looked like it was getting physically painful to hold back a squeal.

"I think it would be easy to tell your mother," Auklet said. "But then she would go screaming the news to the rest of the continent, so she needs to be in the dark for a little while."

"Oh my moons," Air squeaked out.

"Congratulations," Nightflyer grinned.

"I hope the Seawings won't mind having a Skywing King," Firefly said.

"If they do mind, then I'll hand the throne over to Anemone and move on," Auklet shrugged. "I love my tribe, but they're not worth losing the love of my life over."

"You are making it very difficult not to screech in fangirl victory." Air declared.

"That's the point." Auklet grinned.

They kept chatting away as Firefly and Coal wandered over to the stack of Seawing scrolls Auklet had brought.

"It's kind of amazing, isn't it?" Coal started, a soft smile on his face. "I mean, if you had told me as a dragonet that the Seawing Queen would've married a Skywing, I never would've believed you." He paused. "Then again, there's lots of things you could've told me as a dragonet that I wouldn't have believed."

"Funny how things like that work." Firefly smiled at him. "But at least all we have to worry about now is secret weddings instead of gangs."

"That I can confirm," Coal said with a relieved sigh. "My family, thankfully, is dead- well, except for Fennec, but he won't cause any trouble- and the Talons of Power are going to die out on their own. It's ironic, I guess. They always told me I was going to die, and yet I'm one of the only ones who made it out alive."

"It's natural selection," Firefly supplied. "The weak die out. I read in a scroll once that 'the brave live. The cowards die in the snow.'"

"Guess that makes me brave, then." Firefly grinned.

"You always were, Coal."