Tell Me

"So you do recognize the symbol," Teal concluded. "What does it mean?"

"No." Fiji shook his head firmly. "You're too innocent to know about that."

"Screw innocence," Parch declared. "Five dragonets are missing, and if this tells us where they are, then you need to tell us where that is."

"If you knew what this represented, you wouldn't be so eager to know." Fiji warned. 

"What does it mean?" Parch demanded.

"Forget it." Fiji declared. "This is bad news, and it's bigger then you. Leave it alone before you get hurt."

"Dragons are already getting hurt!" Parch shot back. "The dragon I care about more then anyone else is missing because of this!" 

"And I'm sorry. But this is something you should not get involved in." 

"Why?"

"Because it's evil." Fiji declared. "The things behind this symbol would haunt you for the rest of your life. I spent years repressing the memories of that place, and besides, your friends couldn't be there anyway."

"Why not?"

"Because we burnt them down." A new voice proclaimed. They turned, only to see Boysen standing in the doorway.

"Dad? What-" Parch started. 

"I knew you wouldn't let this go," Boysen sighed. "And when your mother gave you a map here and told you who to talk to, well, it was only a matter of time before you showed up."

"Damn," Parch swore.

"Would all of you just give us a decent answer for once?" Teal demanded. "My sister is missing. Dragons I care about are MISSING, and judging by everything I know, it doesn't sound good. So somebody just tell me what's going on!" Fiji and Boysen exchanged a glance.

"You promised us that the memory of that place would die." Fiji proclaimed.

"I didn't know they would start up again." Boysen declared.

"Only so many dragons even knew. Someone had to let it slip."

"Or we missed someone from the other side."

"Impossible." Fiji insisted. "After what you all saw, your team made sure there were no survivors."

"But maybe in the horror, someone escaped, and is starting it all up again now. Maybe someone heard a rumor and wanted to be a copycat, I don't know. Anything's possible."

"Fiji," Hope said, looking worried. "What is going on?" Boysen blinked.

"You never told her?" He questioned.

"Told me what?" Hope demanded.

"I never told anyone," Fiji declared. "You said it would never be spoken of again, that no one would ever ask me about it. I slammed those memories way, way down because of it. No one spoke of it, and I didn't dare ask."

"No one dared to ask." Boysen went on. "Cinder still has no idea what we saw. None of us could bring ourselves to tell her."

"Fiji," Hope started. The wingless dragon turned to Parch.

"You want to know what this symbol represents?" He questioned.

"Fiji, no," Boysen started.

"You want to know what your missing friends are going through right now?"

"Yes." Parch declared. Fiji looked dangerously at them.

"This symbol represents a place called the Hybrid Pollution Houses. And the dragons behind those places? They're the reason why I don't have any wings."