four

sage strummed his fingers across the strings belonging to mackenzie's old guitar that sits in the corner of her room. the only time it ever gets played is when sage is bored and decides to serenade his bestie.

"would you stop! i'm trying to study" mackenzie whines, rolling onto her stomach. sage rolls his eyes at her for the tenth time today.

"you're so boring" he informs her but she's too busy writing down notes about atoms and chemical balances to care.

suddenly, mackenzie's phone buzzes on her desk and sage just so happens to be seated next to it. he peeks at the mobile device, practically choking on air when he reads the text message mackenzie has received..

johnny
|when can i come over?
|we got things to discuss

"what the fucking fuck!" sage yells, jumping up and putting the guitar back where he got it. mackenzie looks up at him, a confused expression on her face.

"why are you yelling now?" she asks. recently sage has really been getting on her nerves.

"johnny orlando texted you and i want to know why!" he demands, crossing his arms and giving her a stern look.

mackenzie's mouth opens, she didn't expect him to find out but now that he has maybe she can have someone to talk to about their deal that they made. but also, knowing sage, he'd probably have a fit.

"i'm tutoring him and we need to come up with a schedule" she says calmly, imitating his actions and crossing her own arms.

sage raises an eyebrow is suspicion but mackenzie wouldn't lie to him so he drops the situation and picks up his jacket.

"well i don't want to be here when he arrives so i'll see you at school on monday" he sighs, bending down to kiss her cheek.

"bye! love you!" she calls as he walks out of her bedroom and out of her house.

mackenzie stands up, walking over to her desk and taking her phone out of the charger cord. she unlocks her phone before typing a quick reply to johnny.

| right now

after tapping send, mackenzie scans her room, it's already tidy so there isn't much cleaning she needs to do except take the two glasses she and sage used for their lemonades downstairs.

loading up the dishwasher, mackenzie curses under her breath when the doorbell rings. her dog maliboo starts to bark at the door but she doesn't move from her spot on the couch. lazy ass dog.

mackenzie makes her way into the large hallway, walking up the small step and opening up the door, revealing johnny who has his eyes locked on his phone.

she clears her throat, instantly grabbing his attention. the green eyed boy looks at her strangely and mackenzie wants to know why.

"why are you looking at me like that?" she asks, raising her eyebrows as she talks.

johnny blinks before stuttering back a few words. "you uh, you look different without your glasses" he says.

mackenzie widens her brown eyes before snapping her head towards the mirror on the left of her, she forgot to put her glasses back on before answering the door.

"i wear contacts when i'm at home, it's more comfortable for me" she smiles shyly. johnny nods his head, understanding.

"so, can i come in?" he chuckles, causing mackenzie to mentally kick herself.

"of course" she mutters, stepping aside, allowing him entry to her large home.

mackenzie's parents have money and with money comes fancy cars and huge houses that they're never in due to all the traveling to exotic places and business trips. most of the time it's just mackenzie and maliboo so you can imagine how lonely it can be at times.

"nice place" johnny says, impressed that the inside looks just as rich as the outside.

"uh thanks, let's go to my room" she sighs. mackenzie hates talking about how she has money. it makes her feel like people try to put her on a higher pedestal than others. she's a believer of equality as well as quality over quantity.

johnny nods, following the girl dressed in leggings and an oversized yellow sweatshirt up the grand staircase, maliboo following closely behind.

the duo enter mackenzie's pastel pink painted room. johnny admires the art work on the wall as he looks around her bedroom. the desk in the corner stand out the most aside from the large wall mirror and queen sized bed that's filled with pillows and a stuffed elephant in the middle. there's lots of little plants scattered around in different areas and johnny can tell that they're real because mackenzie wouldn't let a plant die. she just strikes him as that sort of person.

"okay so shall we get planning?" mackenzie asks, sitting down on her love sac.

johnny copies her movement except he prompts for the white desk chair that spins. like a four year old, he pushes his feet off of her carpeted floor and spins around, making himself feel beyond dizzy.

"stop being such a child" she laughs.

"never, you should just call me peter pan" he replies cockily.

mackenzie rolls her eyes, grabbing a pillow and throwing it at him. it barley misses his head.

"okay okay fine, i'll stop" he smiles, his spinning coming to a stop.

mackenzie opens up her notebook and takes the lid off of her favourite pen before writing down a few things.

"okay so we need rules" she says, underlining the heading she wrote at the top of the blank page.

"rule number one, no strings attached. that means no real feelings can be developed during the period of time we are in a fakeationship" johnny instincts, pointing his finger.

mackenzie looks up at him, puzzled. did she hear him correctly?

"a what?" she asks, double checking.

"a fakeationship, a fake relationship" he explains to her, spinning once more.

mackenzie nods, writing down the rule. she agrees with him. under no circumstance will she allow herself to fall in love with that idiotic buffoon.

"second rule, we can't tell anyone about this arrangement" mackenzie says to which johnny nods his head in response.

"rule number three, no hooking up with other people whilst in the fakeationship" johnny says and mackenzie shares a surprised look with him.

"you're really serious about getting her back aren't you?" mackenzie says, impressed at how far johnny is willing to go in order to get nadia back.

when he nods his head, she smiles sincerely.

maybe he isn't a total selfish asshole. after all.

________________________________________________________________________
i'm updating a lot
someone give me
a cookie 🍪