twenty fIve

there was a lot of different noises that filled up the hospital waiting room. it was jam packed full of worried people, all of them just waiting to hear some news about their loved ones that have unfortunately ended up in here. mackenzie sits in the middle of the uncomfortable wooden chairs, her knee bopping up and down as she tries to calm herself. when they arrived an hour ago, the doctors spoke in a secret medical language that she couldn't understand so she knows nothing about how johnny is doing.

dale and darian are somewhere with him and the surgeons. lauren and maddie took merideth home. she was horrified, the sight of someone hurting her son like that. annie texted mackenzie letting her know hat the boy who done it was named ashton arbab and he was on the opposite team. he was pissed that they lost and decided to take it out on johnny. he got arrested though so at least some justice was done about it.

      "mackenzie?" a soft voice asks.

     mackenzie turns her head, her tired eyes growing wide when she sees a distraught looking nadia standing in the entrance way. she looks on the verge of crying and something in mackenzie makes her stand up and embrace the girl in a warm comforting hug. nadia may be a piece of work sometimes but she looks genuinely lost.

        "oh mackenzie i'm so sorry, it's all my fault" she cried into her shoulder, staining mackenzie's green hoodie.

  confused, mackenzie rubs her back soothingly, hushing the girl as people around them start to stare. she pulls away only a little to look into nadias piercing green eyes.

       "what was all your fault?" she asks calmly. it's understandable that nadia would blame herself for johnny ending up in the hospital, isn't that what all girlfriends do?

      "it was sage, he got in my head and made me help him set johnny up with a plan, he played on my weaknesses and taunted me, i should never have listened to him, i'm so sorry, please forgive me"  she rambles, more tears slipping from her puffy eyes.

       what was she talking about? what plan? and what's sage got to do with this?

      "woah, slow down, take a deep breath" mackenzie   whispers, guiding her over to the seats. nadia does as she told, breathing in and out.

     nadia looks at mackenzie, her throat closing up "it's time you know the truth".

mackenzie was a walking ball of raging fire by the time nadia had explained everything to her. starting from when sage approached her in school and ending with their plan to set johnny up. nadia followed behind mackenzie as she ran into the parking lot. she needed to see sage. she needed to smack the shit out of him.

"where are you going? don't do anything stupid" nadia yells as mackenzie fumbles with her keys.

      "shut up nadia and get in the damn car!" mackenzie snapped, scaring the red head across from her. they stare at each other for a minute.

      "okay fine just don't kill him" she mumbles, opening the door to mackenzie's car.

      "no promises" mackenzie mutters before starting the car and making her way to the rosen household.

     when they arrive, mackenzie and nadia walk up to sages door, both of them feeling a different mix of emotions. mackenzie is furious beyond belief and she feels betrayed big time. nadia however is feeling like she's the worlds biggest bitch but is relieved that she told the truth.

      sage opens the door after mackenzie bangs on it loudly several times. his eyes go wide when he sees the look of rage on her face and an uncomfortable nadia next to her. he knows immediately what's going on and tries to shove the door in their faces but mackenzie isn't letting him get away. she pushes the door open, causing it to make a loud bang when it hits off of the wall.