five

mackenzie sits at the breakfast bar, watching the morning news whilst eating her oatmeal that she made herself. her parents are somewhere in france for the next two weeks so she's left alone to fend for herself, like always.

    the tired girl whines when maliboo begins to bark in her ear due to the doorbell ringing. the small furry dog runs out into the foyer, yapping at the front door. waiting for mackenzie to open it.

when mackenzie does, her annoyed expression contorts into a confused, surprised one.

"johnny what are you doing here? it's a sunday morning" the bewildered teen asks the boy standing a few inches away from her.

johnny is dressed in black skinny jeans with rips in them and a grey sweater. his hair is messy but in a good way and he smiles nervously. it's pretty cute. he's pretty cute.

"i'm taking you shopping" he says in a duh tone.

mackenzie creases her perfectly shaped eyebrows together, he's taking her shopping?

"what? why?" she chuckles, beyond confused at this point.

"well i can't make nadia jealous if you don't look super hot can i?" he says, rolling his eyes. she really doesn't have a clue.

mackenzie places her hands on her hips, slightly offended by his comment. she raises her brows in surprise whilst gasping.

"are you trying to say i'm not hot?" she asks him sternly, half joking, half not.

johnny gulps, feeling heat rise to his cheeks as he's put on the spot. sure mackenzie is a pretty caterpillar and all but he believes that with his help, she'll have the potential to blossom into a beautiful butterfly.

      "just go get dressed and meet me in my car in ten minutes, no longer, do you understand!" he calls as mackenzie walks back inside, closing the door in his face.

mackenzie makes her way back upstairs and into her bathroom quickly. she runs the tap, waving her toothbrush under the cold running water before applying some toothpaste and brushing her teeth. being the multitasking queen she is, mackenzie starts to get undressed before moving onto her bottom row of pearly whites.

    picking out some high waisted jeans and a red sweatshirt, mackenzie gets dressed, slipping on each article of clothing before spitting into the sink.

     she picks up her hairbrush after sitting her toothbrush down. she brushes her long brown locks of healthy hair and then ties it into a low pony tail with a few strands of hair falling out at the front.

       mackenzie smiles, deciding that she looks decent enough, not like she's trying to impress anyone. she slips on her vans and grabs her phone along with her wallet. if she's going shopping, she's gonna need some cash.

     mackenzie says goodbye to martha, the housekeeper that comes around on sundays before petting maliboo quickly and leaving the house. her brown eyes scan her large driveway for johnny and when she spots him sitting in the drivers seat of a black four door jeep, she smiles, running over towards the vehicle.

     "see, i made it out in nine" she says, jumping into the car and buckling up her seatbelt.

      "yeah yeah, let's go" he sighs, waving her smug look away.

     as johnny drives, mackenzie finds the aux cord and plugs in her phone. she scrolls through one of her many playlists but finally decides on a song.

    johnny scrunches his face up in disgust as "heart attack " by one direction starts to play.

      "you have crappy taste in music" he tells mackenzie, offending her once again.

     "don't be rude! one direction are freaking amazing " she smiles in response, her head bopping along to the sound of harry styles singing.

     johnny rolls his eyes at her before turning into the parking lot. he parks a few feet away from the mall doors and unbuckles his seatbelt, taking out the keys from the ignition which causes the music to stop playing and mackenzie to widen her eyes.

     "hey!" she pouts, "i was listening to that".

      "move your ass ziegler" johnny demands, getting out of the jeep.

    it's not mackenzie's turn to roll her big brown eyes and she does so effortlessly, walking around the car and continuing to walk towards the building she's never spend much time in. her mom usually buys her clothes or she'll do online shopping. she hates going into stores and being constantly secretly judged by the staff that work there as well as the customers around her.

      johnny guides mackenzie inside and up the escalator. he places his hand on her lower back, thinking nothing of the contact.

     once they're inside the first store, forever 21, johnny cringes at the sight of girl clothing. he's used to ripping them off a girl not wanting to put them on her. but can mackenzie really be classified as a girl? she has the slight looks of course but she always wears baggy clothing that makes her look 10x the weight she is.

      "what about these?" johnny asks, holding out two cropped tops, one black and the other pink. mackenzie stiffens, she never wears revealing clothes, she's lacking way too much self confidence for that.

      "what about some nice new sweatshirts instead?" she ask, already knowing that johnny isn't going to agree.

     "ziegler! will you please stop being difficult and just try these on" he asks, shoving a handful of clothing items into her hands.

    mackenzie whines, turning on her heels and heading for the dressing room. when safely locked inside, she looks at the choices johnny has picked out for her.

    there's some cropped tops, tank tops, spaghetti strap tops, some pretty dresses, a few short, some tight. also some jeans, lighter shades of black, some blue, a pair of them white. as for shorts, johnny seems to really like them as he's given her jean shorts, linen shorts, booty shorts, cotton shorts, and even mesh shorts.

      "boy sure does love tight clothing" mackenzie mutters to herself as she pulls on the black dress. she stares at herself in the mirror, feeling a lump forming in the back of her throat. she hates the way her curves look in the dress, she hates the way she looks in the dress.

     quickly peeling it back off, mackenzie gets dressed into her own clothes, her comfortable safety blanket clothes. she picks up the new clothes and takes them back outside, meeting johnny at the check out area. he waits patiently, a smile forming on his lips when he sees mackenzie walk towards him.

      "you like?" he asks, hoping she'll say yes.

     "yeah they're fine" she says, flashing a smile for show but johnny can tell that something's wrong. he decides to shrug it off.

      "that'll be $300" the woman says, a smile glowing on her face.

    mackenzie nods. opening up her wallet but johnny stops her in time.

      "woah woah woah, this is my treat" he tells her, handing over his own plastic card to the woman with a grin.

      "no johnny that's too much money, i won't let you" mackenzie responds. she can't possibly let him pay all that money for clothes that she's going to be wearing.

     "well then, it's a good thing i don't take orders from you" he chuckles taking back his card and putting it into his own wallet.

      mackenzie glares at the green eyed boy for a moment but his smile causes her to soften.

     "thank you" she smiles, taking the bag of clothes.

    johnny shrugs his shoulders. "what are fake boyfriends for" he beams.

________________________________________________________________________
miss me w that
BULLSHIT