53.

Elena's POV

I was now at the Mikaelson mansion, in Elijah's bedroom because Elijah wanted to make sure nothing would happen to me.

"Elijah, can you at least lay down next to me, instead of walking in circles and looking at the windows every 5 seconds?" I asked.

"I want to make sure no one appears and takes you again. I couldn't forgive myself for letting it happen again. I can't forgive myself for letting something like this happen in the first place." Elijah said.

"Elijah, please lay down... just for a little while." I begged him because after everything, all I wanted was to be with Elijah.

"Alright." He whispered and lay down next to me.

"How did you guys find out?"

"Caroline was suspicious from day one. She finally was able to convince Bonnie into making a location spell and that's how we all find out."

"Oh... so Caroline was the only one who got suspicious."

"We all got at first."

"Even you?" I asked.

"Yes. I think there was a part of me who was always suspicious but I let myself think that was probably because I wasn't used to be in a relationship with a person I cared so much about and not worrying with enemies..." he said.

"What made you get suspicious?"

"She talked badly about Caroline behind her back and I knew that was something you wouldn't do but I let myself think that was just you who was being very upset with Caroline and that you two had gotten in a fight. I let myself think you were just venting."

"Was that it?" I asked curious, wondering if there was no other signals that made him get suspicious.

"I found odd you wanting to change your clothes. I even though it was you trying to impress me, which I don't think you need to."

"Anything else?" I asked because I felt there was something he wasn't telling me.

"Yes. I... on the first day you were kidnapped and I had my first encounter with Katerina acting like you... we..."

"You can tell me."

"I really believe it was you who I was with..." Elijah said.

"What happened?" I asked.

I knew this was probably leading to them having sex but I had to know what had happened while I was gone

"I was kissing her and things started to progress from there. She took my shirt and I her top and... and we kissed more and... and then she told me to... to fuck her."

"And you did..." I completed, feeling my heart break into pieces.

"I didn't." He said, making me look up at him.

"You didn't?"

"No. I felt something was wrong. Maybe that you had turn it off or something similar."

"W-why?"

"Because you don't say those things. You don't see sex like that... For you It's more intimate and I think it's more than just sex." He said, making me smile slightly because it was true, for me it's never sex, when I'm with him it's not just something physical, it's something more... I make love to him.

"It is. When we are together it's not just sex... it's so much more than that. It's what makes it so good..." I whispered and he smiled slightly, then I sigh and just had to ask. "Did you had sex with her?"

"No. I always felt that something was off but I thought I was just trying to ruin my happiness so I didn't act on it but I refused to have sex with her. But I did kiss her. I'm very sorry for that."

"Stop apologizing Elijah. You didn't know it was Katherine. You thought it was me."

"But I still feel like I betrayed you. I should have listen to myself and look for you sooner. I'm very sorry. There's no words to describe how horrible I feel for what happened." He said and I kissed him.

"Do you notice a difference now that it's me here?" I asked.

"Yes. It's no wonder that I found it odd the way I thought you were acting."

"What differences do you see?" I asked curious.

"You're concerned with me and your friends. You're understanding. You are actually listening to me instead of just trying to get intimate. You aren't talking badly about your friends. And your kisses are way better than hers."

"They are?" I asked blushing.

"Without a doubt." He said, making me smile and kiss him.

"I'm sorry that image you had of me and Damon..."

"It wasn't you. I should have known that. You wouldn't do something like that." He said.

"Elijah, I promise you I will never do anything to hurt you." I said and he kissed me.

"Where are you going now?"

"I was thinking in sleeping here..."

"That wasn't what I meant. I meant... after what happened... where are you going?"

"What are you talking about? I'm gonna stay here."

"Elena, you were kidnapped. You need to go to someplace safe."

"It's Katherine. She can try to hurt me either I'm here or in Europe. I am not going to start to live afraid of getting hurt and on the run."

"But she can..."

"Elijah, I have here my friends, the only people I have close to a family. I'm not going to leave them." I said in a serious tone. "Besides, I want to graduate with all my friends. It's the few things I can do that make me feel that I have a normal life."

"I understand. But after graduation we will talk about this again." He said, making me giggle and then I kissed him.

" He said, making me giggle and then I kissed him

"I missed you so much..." I whispered and he kissed me.