57.

Damon's POV

I can't believe Katherine played me. Yesterday when Elena told me it was all Katherine, at first I thought it was her excuse for not wanting to admit her feelings but then Stefan told me everything and I just found myself feeling the dumbest guy in the world.

I knew it was weird she being with Elijah while hooking up with me because I know Elena isn't a cheater but I thought that maybe their relationship was having some troubles and she was just trying to find a way to break up with him without having Klaus or Elijah wanting to kill her... but no... I was simply being played by Katherine.

"Damon... Miss me?" I heard a familiar voice after hearing the door opening.

"Katherine... what do you want?"

"That's not how you talk to me before. What happened?"

"I thought you were Elena. That's what happened."

"Look, for some reason you want Elena and I want Elijah

"Look, for some reason you want Elena and I want Elijah. We should work together."

"Do you really think he will want anything with you after what you did?" I asked.

"He loved me once, he can love me again." She said. "So... are you in or are you out?"

"What's your plan?" I asked and so she told me the plan.

"But we cant act now. It would be too obvious."

"The longer we wait, stronger their relationship will be."

"Think for a second, Damon. Now it's when they are expecting more to things go wrong. We need to give them the false sense of security." She said.

"Fine. Now you can go."

"Or we can have some fun of our own..."

"If you want Elijah so badly, why are you trying to have sex with me. Better question: why did you had sex with me when you were playing Elena and actually had Elijah?"

"I might want Elijah but sometimes a girl has needs. And my needs could only be fulfilled with you." Katherine whispered and I kissed her passionately.

"This is only physical..." I whispered and she smirked and kissed me with lust.

" I whispered and she smirked and kissed me with lust

Elijah's POV

I woke up with a letter in my nightstand, it couldn't be from Elena because she was right next to me still sleeping. I decided to open it and see what had inside.

'Dear Elijah,
I know what I did was wrong and I am sorry that I disappointed you and make you suffer in any way. All I wanted was to fight for my happiness. You are and always will be my happiness, Elijah. I couldn't find a way to get to you, not only were you dating Elena but you are also spending time with Klaus, the man who made me live on the run for 500 years. I couldn't take any risks and being Elena was the only way I found to get closer to you. I know you won't let yourself admit this but deep down I know you still have feelings for me, or maybe still feel that attraction... because if there was no attraction you would know it was me and you wouldn't had enjoyed so much the time we would kiss or when we did a bit more than kissing. I get that you are now with Elena but I'm the one for you. She's just a copy of the real woman you deserve.
I'll be always yours,
Katerina Petrova'

Who does she think she is to send me this letter? After everything she did...

I quickly got dressed, left a note on the nightstand by Elena's side and took the letter with me as I left the mansion.

I texted Katerina to met me at a room of a motel so we could talk better and so I could make it perfectly clear that I will never be with her again.

"Elijah... this was unexpected place for us to meet." Katerina said as she got in the room I had ordered. "I thought you were more the hotel kinda guy."

"I'm here to talk with you, Katerina." I said.

"And I'm here... you have all my attention." She whispered, while getting closer to me, make me take a few steps back to have some distance.

"Katerina, I don't care where you go or what you are going to do. I just want you far away from me and Elena."

"I know you read my letter and..." she was saying but I was not going to let her manipulate me again.

"I don't care. You and I belong to the past. I have Elena and I'm happy with her. I won't let you ruin my relationship with her."

"Elijah, don't you think it's a bit odd how you fall for her? A person who is exactly like me..."

"She might look like you but you are very different. She cares about the ones around her, she's kind, loving, compassionate and honest. The only thing you have in common is your physical appearance."

"I am honest when I'm around you. I know I fake to be Elena but... my feelings were true. I love you, Elijah. And I know there's something here. Might be only attraction but there is still something between us."

"Like I feared, you made me lose my time. Goodbye, Katerina." I said but when I was about to leave, Katerina grabbed my wrist, making me turn to look at her.

"You may deny it now but eventually you'll see our story isn't over and I'll be here." Katerina said and gave me a peck on the corner of my lips, then left.

" Katerina said and gave me a peck on the corner of my lips, then left

I just hope she'll leave me and Elena alone...