Chapter 6 : Dealing with a bipolar 101

I got home and I never wanted to slam a door so hard in my life, yet I simply closed is gently because I don't pay no bills in here...

Also trying not to bring attention to the fact that only now did I get home. Not that anyone should patronize me about my curfew, my mom's a nurse and she comes home at the worst hours and Markus better not even breath near me. 

I heard the sound of the TV in the living room and made my way quietly to the bathroom to wash any traces of remaining trauma on my face. Right as I was about to lift my eyes towards my reflection in the mirror I heard the door creek.

"where were you?" a gravelly male voice asked and I jumped.

I turned towards Markus who was leaning on the doorframe and my brows furrowed while grabbing the grey towel and wiping my face on it. 

"I'm sorry, did you die and respawn as the dad I never wanted?" I spit and he came into the bathroom with me, which, in my book, and also in anyone else's book, is a big red no-no.

"yeah, come in I was done thanks for asking..." I said ironically while trying to brush past him as quickly as I could before he could do anything and he blocked my way with his body.

He smelled of beer, cigarettes and sweat. The trademark bozo perfume. Killer combo.

"Who were you with?" he repeated like he had some sort of right over my vagina.

"that's none of your business, MOVE." I almost yelled, feeling a bit of panic starting to creep it way into my spine.

Fuck, where the hell am I supposed to go, there's a bathtub on my right and a sink on my left and he's blocking my way out. He can't do this! 

He raised his arm to grab my wrist and I braced myself for the upcoming theatrical drama but we heard the door of the house slam downstairs and a sight of relieve escaped my lips when I heard mom's voice, "honey, I'm back, sorry it took so long."

And with that, he was gone.

And with that, the tears started to dribble down my cheek like it was a race to my chin. 

Give me a break, ok, they were already about to spill twenty minutes ago. This was just the last trigger. 

He doesn't get to me usually. Maybe I'm hormonal today. I don't know. Maybe i'm in denial. Maybe I'm a wimp. 

My expression was stern and no sound came out of my mouth, in fact, my face was frozen with numbness, my gaze on the mirror of the bathroom. Pensive. While the tears kept rolling down.

I'm just so tired...

The next morning couldn't come soon enough. Alexander was finally going to cooperate. I know he only said he'll take the stupid test but I'm hoping for a movie montage where he shapes the hell up to go down. 

A little too hopeful I admit. 

I woke up revived and ready to take on a new challenge.

It's fine. Who cares if I cried myself to sleep yesterday? It was the buildup of an intense week. Scratch that, the buildup to an intense 17 years of life.

I took a shower, dried my hair and put it in a tight topknot above my head. This was my go to hairdo. Each day, every day. I'm not spending any precious minutes fiddling with dead Keratin strands. 

I had light brown hair that fell to my waist in lose curls. I was a little shorter than average but next to Alexander, I was a plain old midget.

The school had a dress code we had to obey. Girls wore a white button up shirt with either dark pants or a dark skirt, while the guys wore black pants and a white collar shirt with a tie. I wore the skirt a couple of times but decided I was more comfortable with the pants. This information might seem irrelevant now but it's not.