Chapter 15: Dealing with war 101

Guys, I know, I'm sorry. Don't burn me at the stakes. It's the holiday season. It's kind of a busy time.  Thank you guys so much for the support regardless of how late the upload is. 

Please don't forget to vote and rate even though I'm a failure as a human. 

Enjoy.

**+*++**+*+*+*+

 "Alexa.." he whispered against my ears; his forearms squeezing against the sides of my waist. His fingers strongly entwined under my chest. Strands of my hair were dangling above his arms, "you saw the dolphins, now let's get back inside before something ridiculous kills you.." he continued and I chortled at that statement and expected him to be laughing when I turned around but he was looking into the distance with a serious face, as if searching for a meteor that could potentially hit me.

"Paranoid much?" I took his hands off my body slowly and he looked down at my face.

"Someone needs to be, you treat your cheap Chinese manufactured body like it was made out of steel.."

A clear laugh escaped my lips. Let's not tell him I have allergic Asthma then it'd be a cheap Chinese manufactured body that broke the next day.

He looked like my laugh surprised him. This is probably the first time I've laughed in his presence. I'm usually uptight and constantly annoyed. He looked at me with a smile of his own. His gaze made my cheeks suddenly go crimson. His beautiful sky blue eyes met mine in a curious expression before he tilted his head sideways.

"you're turning red.." he smiled smugly and I widened my eyes before swallowing the lump forming in my throat. He learned towards me and put his hands on the railing of the boat on each side of my hips. I backed away a little but he was too close. I felt tiny, "Am I too close, Alexa?" he goaded and I opened my mouth to shut him down but no words came out. In the dimed lights of the boat and the breeze of the ocean. I just stared at his face. Perfection. Muscles. Jaw line. Dark hair. Stormy blue eyes. Feral ferocity.

Did I just admit to myself that I was in love with him? I'm not that strong willed. Honestly. If you thought I was an independent, boss ass bitch, you obviously skipped the introduction in the beginning. I'm garbage. Faced with a specimen like Alexander. I'm weak. He's too overpowering. Maybe in the beginning he was my nightmare but that was an illusion and the reality of who he was quickly came down crashing on me, I had no reason to hate him.

Maybe it's the change of scenery. Maybe this Greendale trip is just too rich in uncanny coincidences, who knows, once back in Melrose, perhaps I'll go back to despising him? I might just be drunk on gratitude right now. I'm not sure.

Here's what I'm definitely sure of: I will never speak of my feelings, to anyone, ever.

He looks like he likes me but I might just be a challenge to him. Just a girl who bruised his ego at first and the minute I give in and tell him I like him, I'd be another rag he conquered. I'd have lasted four months.

I shivered at that thought.

If you think I was going to go all tiger mode, seduce him and slay any other competition. You thought oh so very wrong.

That is not how we operate in my self-doubt filled book.

We shamelessly hide. We tell no soul. We have too much pride for that. We will not put ourselves in a position of vulnerability where there's a chance of being rejected. Especially not by him. I would never recover socially. We wait for the feelings to water down with time and we concentrate hard on playing it cool. Borderline acting like we hate him because we're mentally stuck in kindergarten.