Chapter 11 : Dealing with core temperatures 101

I have a confession:

When Alexander thought I was on a date and got all angry, my ego took a few steps up a rather tall ladder. Hey, it only took like a couple steps up. Okay! Calm down!

It's not like it catapulted into outer space or anything. Everything was fine. A little boost never hurt nobody.

When he burned my uniform in front of me, it marched right back down the ladder and fell into its original place. Which, I'm completely fine with.

I don't get high up on my horse for too long anyways.

But me being on Alexander's lap, crying, and him making me do anything he wanted in exchange for replacing my uniform that, alone, completely knocked my poor little ego down on its ass.

Alexander had me imprisoned in his arms. One hand on my waist and the other on my lap.

"I don't hate you" I whisper shyly. Despite everything, I really didn't. He almost started purring when I said those words and I felt his muscles tense because he suddenly held into me tighter. A little too tight but I was too wrapped up in the moment to notice. I breathed in his scent. My forehead was on the base of his neck and my hands were on his shoulder. I felt so tiny and helpless in his arms. Lava was running through my veins. I was just about to slid my hands down and run them through his hard muscled chest when all of a sudden, he slammed me against the steering wheel and threw his hands on both sides of my body, leaning in dangerously close.

"Then why the hell did you say you were on a date?" he sneered, angry and I blinked.

"It was a joke" my heart started to jump.

"Were you trying to make me jealous?" He sounded very bitter and I flinched.

"What? No.."I lied. Okay, maybe I was trying to get a reaction. I don't know. It's not Alexa, it's the dumb bitch that was filling in, remember?

"Were you trying to get back at me for leaving with Vanessa during the festival?" he started and I almost got an aneurism.

Oh my god, is he a mind reader? How did he know that it pissed me off?

Also, finally, her freaking name was Vanessa.

I forget. I forget!! I keep forgetting! He only acts like an idiot. He's not actually one. He can very much read into situations and behaviors. Damn it, Alexa, you know this already!

Did he leave with her on purpose just to mess with me?

"It's just like you to be so arrogant you'd think I would care about what you do in your free time" I spit out.

Lies, those were!

"you don't care?" he tried to confirm and I nodded, "do you want to know what happened after we left?" he asked.

I really didn't.

To be frank, I was kind of hoping for a happy twist ending to that story. Like he'd say they didn't do anything.

That they just watched the parade, and he dropped her home and went to his house without even kissing her goodbye after. That he deleted her phone number before going to bed and wasn't interested in her anymore.

Like he was looking for something else. Someone else.

I breathed in and he tilted his head.

"I fucked her" He continued, "I pounded her, hard, right here, in this car.." He brought me closer to him firmly "...And it was great"