chapter 8 : Dealing with forced makeovers 101

Remember that quiz Emily and I were studying for when Cole Brown asked me out for lunch?

We took that quiz yesterday.

And boy, was yesterday a whole mess and a half. All I could think of were the following existential crisis questions: When did Alexander become a hunk? Why is every girl in school falling under his feet and convulsing on the ground? Why does it bother me that he saw the bruises? Why did it bother him that I had bruises?

You see, a crush progression is like a long long train, it starts out too slow to notice until it's moving too fast to stop. And because I'm the type of train that likes to know where it's headed, I asked myself ; am I developing a stupid crush on a stupid idiot?

Here your answer; hell no, I'm not!

After I realized I missed a couple of question on Mister Henderson's quiz. I went home with a mission. A mission to identify the source of my feelings. I grabbed my period calendar and analyzed it carefully.

Turns out, I was right at my PMS window.

This, my friends, explains exactly why that ditzy dumbass became a hunk in the span of a week and why it was easy for him to get me all flustered.

I almost thought I liked him. Mother Nature is a sneaky bitch! I was grazing a slippery slope. Thank god for the solid, life saving rail that is menstrual awareness.

Now that I know that I'm being a basic teenager going all hormonal on the one and only hot guy I deal with on a daily basis, I can go back to shifting my focus on school. After my hormone levels drop, he'll go back to being the usual dumb gorilla he is in my eyes, so I'm good.

We're good here!

And with that little preface, here's how the next day went on :

"Alexander, that's stage three of cell..."

"I know the stages of cellular mitosis, thanks.." he interrupted me harshly while writing in his paper and I frowned.

Looks like he's approaching his PMS window as well.

"Alright, Jeez!" I answered raising my hands,"...don't bite me" I continued while grabbing the microscope from him and he twitched at that expression.  

Although we all love a good period synch up story, I was just trying to help; he was starring at the paper just looking at it and not even using the microscope.

Fuck him then!

I didn't see him at all after he freaked out about my bruise and walked out in the middle of class yesterday. This morning, he came in looking pissed and growling at everybody, me included.

He  took a deep breath, ran a hand trough his hair like he was frustrated by me and then his blue eyes found their way to mine.

"You know you can be nicer to people..." he groaned while leaning towards me.

"I don't need people therefore, I don't need to be nice to them" I shrugged while placing a slide on the microscope and my eye over the lens.

"People who didn't need people still needed people around to know that they were the kind of..."

" "people who didn't need people" from the book Maskerade by author Terry Practchett, whoopty doo!!" I shake my fingers slightly in an ironic dance without moving my head from above the microscope, "now move your stupid book-quoting ass out of the light.." I continue annoyed that he chose that quote, insinuating I was a hypocrite.