Dealing with wolves (part4)

"Alexander's not safe to be around.."

Those words went through my head again so vividly I had to glance towards Victoria to make sure she didn't speak just now.

You know,  provocation is a funny concept overall.

It's the one thing not to do yet it achieves so much in terms of finding out people's true natures.

Alexander walked into the room, eyes pinned on me. Dangerously.

I lowered my head. I put him in one hell of a mood yesterday and it looked like it was still lingering. Maybe today was not the perfect day to be sassy.

"Care to explain?", he simply said. His voice was so cold. I've never heard that tone from Alexander before. He was always slightly amused and sly. He was dressed in a black shirt, black pants and a grey coat. He looked like he hadn't slept all night. In fact, Jay didn't look like he slept either this morning. I swallowed.

Let's be nice. Jay works for him and Victoria enjoys poking him sometimes but she still kind of obeys his orders for some unknown reason, and because of me; they could both be in trouble since they were openly disobeying him.

I took a step forward.

"I asked to see the wolf again..", I simply answered before anyone moved so that I could take all the blame. I sounded like a guilty toddler who just broke a vase.

He took a step forward and I kind of got shivers. Victoria stiffened.

Wait, why were we all so scared? This was our fellow classmate. Even the wolf behind me stood up on four legs.

"You panicked yesterday and then had an asthma attack...", he stated and I rolled my eyes.

"Those were both caused by you, along the insomnia and crippling anxiety I had for the last couple months!", I whined and he eyed me for a second before he crossed his arms on his chest, visibly annoyed. The wolf nuzzled me in the shoulder. I turned around the minute his cold runny nose made contact with my skin and I rubbed the top of his head with the tip of my fingernails.

Just don't look at the claws and teeth and this would be the cutest being in the world.

Alexander noted that quick exchange and twitched in irritation. Victoria frowned like something just came across her but stayed silent.

"Come here, I'm taking you to school!", he gestured for me to come to him and I frowned.

First of all, I was planning on going with Victoria, not him. Second, it was 7:30am, still too early to leave for school. And third, I wasn't done here!

"I'm not done with the wolfie!", I crossed my arms on my own chest. I was aware that I sounded more and more like a bratty toddler as time went by, but I couldn't help it.

Oh, how the tables have turned, from me being the frustrated mom to Alexander being now the angry dad.

I just wasn't ready to leave! I've spent a total of five minutes with it and god knows when I will get the chance to see it again. At least let me snap a picture.

"Wolfie hm?", he tilted his head to the side, his eyebrows knitting together, "You said you hated wolves..", he took another step until he reached me.

I completely ignored Alexander and turned towards the wolf. For some reason, I felt him twitch even thought he didn't move a single muscle. He eyed me from above, his pupils getting narrower and I couldn't help but feel he got offended by what Alexander just said.