Chapter 10 : Dealing with mutual spite 101

A/N : Hi, If you 're enjoying this book so far, please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts.  

The people around me seem to be aware of certain facts that I'm not.

It's hard to get answers when you don't know what to ask for to begin with, so the best course of action in these situations is to be very observant.

Which is something I didn't do.

Alexander turned towards the man and an animalistic growl escaped his lips. The man froze in place at the sound and dropped the sandwich that was in his hand like he was ready to bolt out of the area if needed. He was a chubby man with grey hair poking under a baseball cap; loose khaki shorts and a military jacket over a yellow shirt. If he decided to take off, I'm sure Alexander would catch up to him in a heartbeat and rip his heart out.

I lifted my head at Alexander and his eyes were now fully black while the light of the full moon made it look like they were glowing. It also felt like he was actually thinking about ripping his heart out.

I suddenly realized not only was I in a bralet with my legs apart while he was standing between them, his own arms wrapped around my waist, but I was also about to ask him to kiss me just a minute ago.

What the hell? This escalated so quickly.

I told myself to stay away from him a few days ago until I got out of my PMS window. Why am I in his arms?

I suddenly felt a huge amount of embarrassment fall over my head. I pushed Alexander even farther and he frowned while looking down at me in confusion.

I ignored him and turned towards the man.

"I am so sorry sir, I was hurt, I'll get down right now!" I slid my leg to the side of Alexander and tried to push my hips forwards to get off the car's hood while putting my cardigan back on my shoulders, avoiding Alexander's face. He sighted then grabbed me by the waist and gently helped me off the jeep, a frustrated groan escaping his lips. I was still not looking at him.

And I'm not planning on anytime soon.

This was so embarrassing.

The man waited for us to turn away to come towards his car door and open it while I started dialing Emily's phone number with red cheeks. We were now both heading back to the area I was harassed in.

The awkward tension was unbearable. At least for me, he just looked pissed while walking close behind me like a bodyguard.

I almost asked him to kiss me. Oh my god, imagine if he said "no" and laughed at my face?

Or worse, imagine if he did it. How could I ever be his lab partner for the rest of the year?

I started walking faster.

Urgggg!!! What the hell, Alexa!

Once we were back to the area the fight took in, I recognized Victoria's purple hair, along with Jay, Emily and the nameless girl Alexander brought with him to the festival.

Fuck, I forgot about her. Is this the type of guy Alexander was? Bringing a girl to a festival then leaving her to embrace another one?

I shook the painful thought out of my head. Who cares? It's not like I'm interested in him.

Right? I'm not..

I was about to run towards them but I froze in my place as something was very off about the situation.