Dealing with wolves (part3 )

Hi! Still going through Finals :(  I ended up doing Alexander's POV as well, I just need to insert it somewhere. Don't worry, it won't take off the mystery or charm of it. Or reveal anything major.

Also, I never said Alexa was Alexander's mate. Y'all just assumed. Lol.

*+*+*+*+*++**++**+*+*+*+*+*+ 

Ignorance is one thing, oblivion is another...

To lack knowledge or to lack realization. What was it going to be with me? Either way, the truth was going to hit me hard and I wasn't ready for it.

Victoria jumped the moment Alexander started behaving seriously. I frowned. Desperately trying to ignore how hot I was getting by him growling in my face. His biceps bulging from his sleeves. The wrist on his watch glinting in the moonlight. His hands raked my hair and his breath fanned my face. He was angry. So deliciously furious. Pinning me up against the wall. I felt helpless. Withering under his clutch. My instinct howled at me to shut up and lower my eyes. Bow my head. I had no idea how on earth I was able to stare back at him.

Oblivion is a form of strength, but to what extent?

"hey, hey, stop!", Victoria started then halted a few feet from us, powerless, as if there was a virtual shield preventing her from coming closer, as if she knew she better not approach him, "Xander...", she half whispered, half scolded and his eyes bore into mine.

I didn't budge. For some reason, I respond to my attraction to Alexander with utter annoyance. Was I too prideful? I looked straight at him. Not this idiot. He couldn't possibly get to me. Dipping into the pit of my wit, I snarled back.

"I said wolves are the worst!", I repeated without so much as flinching, Victoria gasped dramatically, not because of my comment but mainly because I was ignorantly challenging death, Xander's eyes darkened, his gaze engulfed me like a tornado but I stood my ground, "It's the 21st century you prick, women can vote and voice their opinions" I pried at his fingers so he let go of my hair. He suddenly grinned at me.

I swallowed. That grin wasn't out of glee.

"Alexa, don't!", Victoria pleaded, "Xander, please just back off!...You know better!" She continued.

I am aware of the fact that Alexander was a massive man. Lean muscles. 6ft 6. He could crack my spine and toss me aside on the floor. Everybody was kind of weary of him. Victoria, whom, to this day, has never backed down from anyone, seemed to respect and bow her head to him when it came to serious situations. So that should have been clear indication to me, the outsider, to simply shut up and not flap my mouth in front of the big dog with the sharp fangs, but I somehow couldn't bring myself to back down.

That's right, I was prideful.

Pride is a sin, but my pride is my shield. I will not let myself get hurt.

I started squirming against the wall to free myself from his arms. Victoria was showing no apparent ability to come yank me away from him anymore.

He leaned in more towards my face. I didn't understand what he was doing but his ran his thumb on my lower lip and pushed down so my lips parted. He then slid his thumb in between my teeth and grazed my incisors like a vet inspecting a kitten' teeth.

"Dull, rounded canines..", he grinned, then pushed my chin down so my mouth opened, "Small jaw opening, little human looking down on wolves, couldn't do harm to one if you tried..." he looked at me, and I didn't understand much except he was making clear indications that I was no match for wolves, which was already damn obvious?