14

Y/N POV

"I was just about to ask you the same thing." I said, still puzzled at the fact that Jungkook had enough time to work a part time job along with a long list of other responsibilities that came with being a college student and a single father.

"Do you know each other?" Jin pointed his finger at the both of us and gave us a questioning look.

"Yeah, we do." We both said in unison.

"Did Jungkookie finally get himself a girlfriend?" Jin asked as he playfully punched Jungkook's arm from across the counter.

Jungkook pushed his arm away. "No hyung, she's Jeongmin's babysitter."

"Ah," Jin said in realization, "congrats on not quitting." He smiled at me.

"Thanks, I guess." I smiled awkwardly at him.

"Ok, now that we got all the greetings out of the way," Jin said as he pushed Jimin into the kitchen, "Y/n, you'll be taking orders along side Jungkook because he is no longer allowed in the kitchen area for various reasons." He glared at Jungkook at the last statement.

"But hyung," Jimin whined, "I thought I was in charge of taking orders."

"Oh shut up Jimin," Jin rolled his eyes at the younger, "you know how to bake, therefore you'll be in the kitchen."

"Ugh, fine." Jimin groaned as he dragged his legs to the kitchen.

"Jungkook, teach Y/n how to work the cash register." Jimin said before the door closed.

There was silence between us as soon as the others left. I looked up at Jungkook and at the same time he looked up at me. There was eye contact between us for an unnecessary amount of time so I had decided to end it by blinking.

"You lost." Jungkook smiled at me.

"Pardon?"

"I said you lost. You blinked before me, so I won." Jungkook laughed as I glared at him.

"We weren't even having a staring contest." I rolled my eyes. "Just because we happened to be looking at each other at the same time doesn't mea-" 

Jungkook moved towards me swiftly until his face was less than a few centimeters away from mine.

"C-could you m-maybe-"

"Let's have a staring contest for real now," He said as a smirk tugged at his lips, "this time, we won't be so far apart so I can-" His gaze dropped from my eyes to my lips and back up to my eyes. "Well, I'm pretty sure you can figure that out for yourself."

A/N

Jungkook smirking is hot. Thank you for listening to my TED Talk.

I also realized that I just spent an unhealthy amount of time looking at gifs of BTS smirking.

Byeee cookies!

Word count: 406 (short chapters, just like Jimin)

<unedited>