17

Y/N POV

"I-I'm sorry, I have to go." I said, breath hitched in my throat as those horrible memories flooded back. I felt Jungkook's gaze on me as I hurriedly sprinted towards the break room without looking back. I felt cold sweat build up on my neck and forehead. It was all coming back to me, everything I wished I had forgotten every memory I wished that I could burn. The mental torture of the situation at hand had hit me as I sat down in the break room against the  wall. My breathing became uneven and ragged. A panic attack. And this time it was worse.

Tears streamed down my cheeks and my lungs burned with desire for air as I sat there completely hopeless and at the mercy of what was to come.

I held my head in my hands and pulled at my hair, praying that this would end soon. I heard loud footsteps thud across the tiled floor heading in my direction. I looked up and saw Jungkook rush in, frantically searching the room with his eyes until he found me.

"Shhh," he said quietly as he took my head in his hands and pressed his forehead gently against mine, "just breathe." He started to hum a tune as he gently stroked my tear stained cheek. I felt myself calm down instantly at his soft humming. My breathing came back to normal and my heart stopped pounding against my chest.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at the fallen angel. He looked into my eyes with a soft smile gracing his lips. "You're ok." He whispered as continued to give me that soft look.

At that moment, the gravity of the situation hit me like a train at full speed and I collapsed in his arms, crying rivers and clinging on to him like a baby koala. Jungkook slowly wrapped his arms around me as he pulled me closer into his embrace.

"You don't have to go back there if you don't want too." He said as he brushed my sweat drenched hair out of my face. "Stay here for a while, I'll be right back."

"But what about-"

"Jimin hyung is taking care of it." Jungkook said, cutting me off before I could finish.

"Ah." I replied, still slightly shaking due to the previous epidemic.

Remembering what had just taken place, I was quite surprised at how Jungkook had calmed me down so quickly. It was like he had lots of experience it doing it. But if he did, who was it for?

My train off thought was interrupted as a man with a huge blanket draped on his shoulder along with many other items in hand had burst through the door. I couldn't quite make out who the person was until the muscular arms came into view.

I sighed with a smile on my face as I saw him struggle with the amount of stuff he had dragged along with him.

He carefully placed a tray with a bowl of what seemed to be ramen and a glass of water on the coffee table before placing a hot pack along with a bar of chocolate down too.

He swiftly strode over to me before lifting me up in his arms and placing me gently on the couch. I was surprised at the sudden physical contact between us and the ease with which he lifted made me feel like a princess being carried by my prince charming. I watched as he walked over to the table to pick of the food before handing it to me. 

"Here," he placed a tablet on the tray next to the water, "take this if you get a headache." 

Jungkook sat on the edge of the couch near my blanket draped feet and watched me with an amused expression as I devoured the ramen. I wasn't that comfortable with people watching me eat, given the fact that I was basically inhaling my food at this moment made the situation worse for me.

"Yah, why are you staring?" my voice had come out muffled as my mouth was still stuffed beyond limits with the delicious food. Jungkook laughed a little as he saw my deplorable condition with sauce all over my face. He leaned forward with a napkin and gently wiped my chin. "Y/n I think you're slowly turning into Jeongmin." He laughed, louder this time. 

"You're so close to my feet that I could kick you right now." I warned him, lifting my leg slightly to show how vulnerable he was to my blows. "Ok, ok." Jungkook put his arms up in surrender. I smirked slightly at my insignificant victory.

Moments passed in silence as I continued to enjoy my food. I looked up to see Jungkook fidgeting with his fingers as he stared at the floor, something he would do only when he was nervous. 

"Hey, are you ok?" I asked as I pushed myself up into a sitting position on the couch.

"Y/n, who was that man from earlier?" He looked away from me, unsure of my reaction to the question. I sat up straighter in my seat and placed the bowl on the floor next to me. I took a deep breath in.

Not many people knew about my previous life before I moved to Seoul. I only told a few people, people whom I've known for a very long time and trusted with all my heart, but something about the man seated before me made me want to tell him everything, even things I didn't know. He just seems so comforting and that made me feel like I was protected whenever he was around. I closed my eyes and clenched my hands into fists, this wasn't an easy thing to talk about.

"He was my abusive ex-boyfriend."

A/N

If anyone wants to know, I'm 13 (please don't kidnap me).

A longer chapter a day keeps my social life away.

BTS just got nominated for the Grammy's. OHMAGODIMSOPROUDHOLYSHITTHESEBABIESCAMESOFARWITHALLTHEIRHARDWORKTHISISAMAZINGICANTBREATHEIMCRYINF

Word count: 999 (dammit just one word)

<unedited> why am i not surprised lmfao