21

Y/N POV

I actually woke up on time for orientation! Where's my goddamn award?

I thought to myself as I made my way to the front of the college. The grounds were swarmed with first-years and some groups of seniors hung out to see the new faces. Some people already had their respective friend groups and others, like me, just aimlessly wandered around, trying not to look socially awkward but failing horribly. 

The desk at which our schedules were given was across the field.

Pulling my bag up onto my shoulders, I started to make my way across the crowded area, bumping into a few people here and there and repeatedly apologizing. 

I was just about to reach the desk when I was someone seized me by the arm and pulled me back. I stumbled and almost fell backwards but caught myself just before my butt could greet the ground. 

"Which imbecile-" I started to go off on whoever the heck it was before a familiar voice interrupted me. 

"Ayy, Y/n, long time no see." 

I turned back and a smiling Hoseok looked back at me. 

"Dude you're blinding me with that smile of yours." I say as I cover my eyes.

"Well you certainly haven't changed one bit." He laughed, putting an arm around my shoulders.

I laughed and playfully punched him on the shoulder. "I would if someone gave me a million dollars for free." 

"I don't think people buy a million dollars, Y/n. Get your facts straight." He rolled his eyes at me. 

"My facts are as straight as Jin and Namjoon." I snickered, remembering the 'oh-so-romantic' couple.

The aforementioned stared at me, his mouth slightly agape from the sudden statement.

"I don't know what to do with you." He chucked as he shifted his gaze back onto the lingering crowd of people. 

"Jungkook is right over there if that's who you were looking for." Beamed Hoseok as he pulled me into the crowd in the direction of him. 

Stumbling through, I finally caught up with Hoseok who was already with Jungkook. The ebony haired man approached me with a big smile.

"Hey Y/n!" he greeted as he embraced me in a hug. 

"Gee, Jungkook. It's been less than twenty four hours since the last time you saw me." I chuckled, hugging back.

We pulled apart and smiled at each other, my heart beat quickening from the sudden physical contact. I looked away and turned back to Hoseok. 

"So, you guys gonna help me with getting my class schedule or-"

"Of course we are, Y/n!" Another voice joined in this time, surprising me. 

Jin's face popped up right next to me, his face bright with enthusiasm. 

"Jin!" I squealed like a little kid. 

"Don't overuse it, princess." He chided, making me giggle. Jin turned back to Hoseok and Jungkook, a serious expression on his face. "Don't tell me you two were about to let this precious little girl find her way through that-" he points ungracefully at the crowd, "that... mess." Jin grimaced. 

"Of course not, hyung." Jungkook threw an arm across Jin's shoulder. 

"Good," Jin huffed, "I guess you're not as much of a disappointment as I thought you were."

Jungkook looked at his hyung with a faked hurt expression. "Hyung, how could you sa-"

Jin cut him off, interlocking his arm with mine. "Well off we go." He turned back and faced Jungkook again. "I take back what i said earlier. You're still a pain in the rear." 

"Ouch." The boy frowned as he followed us. "Y'all rude." 

"For fluff's sake, Kook." A deep voice cut in, "stop combining 'you' and 'all', you're giving me a headache." 

Jungkook paused and turned around. "Why hello there, Teahyung.

Taehyung massaged the bridge of his nose. "You better shut up right now or else I'll give you a headache too." He cracked his knuckles and glared at him. "Woah there boy, who peed in your cheerios this morning?" Jungkook backed away, raising his arms as defense.

"Can you both fight elsewhere?" Jin interrupted, sighing. "Or I'll give you that permanent rest you both have been asking for."

"Go Jin!" I cheered as he walked up to the both of them, hands in position. 

The two boys dropped what they were doing and scurried behind me for protection. I tried moving out of the way but they continued to follow me and use me as a shield. "Hey I didn't sign up for this." I argued, pushing them off of me.

"Yeah well none of us signed up for being brought into existence yet here we are." Taehyung stated from behind me.

"Point." I said and stopped moving, facing the two cowards behind me. "Now if we all act like decent human beings so I can get my class schedule, that'd be great." 

"Ugh fine, Y/n, we'll get your stupid schedule." Jungkook groaned, walking up to the desk. I followed him and we both waited in line. When it was our turn, I stepped forward. The girls who were sitting at the desk seemed to be volunteers, probably in their second year.

They gave me big, lipstick covered smiles and asked for my name. I told them and they typed it into the system before glancing at Jungkook. "And you are?" One of the girls asked, eyeing him. Jungkook smiled politely before responding. 

"I'm just waiting with her, I'm in my sophomore year." He explained. "Oh, so you're her boyfriend?" Another one perked up from the side. 

Jungkook's ears and cheeks turned pink. "N-No I-"

"Yeah," I responded for him, "he is." 

Jungkook looked at me with his big doe eyes. "Y/n wha-"

"He is my boyfriend." I said again. "Why? Is there a problem?" I asked with faked concern, reaching down and intertwining my hand with his.

"No there isn't I just wanted to know-" I cut her off before she could finish. "You dont have to know. Mind your own business." I jeered and snatched the laminated paper out of her hands before walking off, still hand in hand with the confused male.

"Y/n, what was that?" He managed to say after recovering from the shock. 

I glanced over my shoulder and saw the three girls glare at me with jealously. I looked back at Jungkook.

"It's called a hustle, sweetie." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

A/N

NCT preformed in Phoenix like yesterday and that's where I used to live and the fact that I couldn't go is killing me

<word count: 1105>

<unedited>