Chapter 5

"Babe," Jug says softly as I clean off the counter at Pops, "Are you sure you are okay?"

"No I'm not fucking okay," I snap causing people to look over us. I sigh looking back at him dropping my voice. "I'm sorry I'm just, more people are dead. I thought this shit was over after Betty's dad."

"I'm sorry," He says watching me, "it's crazy."

"I know," I say to him, "I mean I know solving murders is our thing. But I'm afraid the more we poke the bear about what if going to happen to us."

"Nothing," Jughead says sincerely.

"Veronica!" I hear Cheryl say and my eyes flick from Jughead to her and Veronica in a far booth. "Oh, that's right, you work here now.
I'll have a cherry phosphate and curly fries.
Girls?"

"I don't work at Pop's, Cheryl," Veronica says, "I own it. And, as of this moment, you're no longer welcome here."

"Oh lord," I say backing away from Jughead and rushing towards Cheryl and Veronica's

"You can't discriminate against someone because they're better-looking than you," Cheryl says.

"Cheryl, you're acting like trash, and I don't want to get a citation," Veronica says. Cheryl looks to her girls and scoffs.

"Vixens, leave us be," Cheryl demands and the Vixens leave them.

"Veronica," I say carefully.

"I've got this Y/n go back to work," She demands and I step back. The anger was one I didn't want to mess with. I sigh and return to my spot with Jughead. Both of us watching the scene now. "Now, then," Cheryl says, "What are you really mad about? Because it can't be that I'm making a play for student body president."

"Actually, Cheryl, that's exactly why I'm mad.
I made a promise to Archie that when he gets out, I'll have everything in place waiting for him," Veronica snaps, "And that includes this stupid presidency."

"Just a suggestion, but maybe you should channel that rage into something more productive," Cheryl says, "Like getting your boyfriend sprung. There's an organization called the Innocence Project. I looked into it when I was accused of Jay-Jay's murder.
Maybe you should check it out. A little food for thought.... Speaking of food, cancel my order.
I'm going to TGI Thursdays." Cheryl marches from the restaurant and Veronica groans walking back to me.

"Am I crazy?" She asks. And I shrug.

"Want my actual opinion or helpful one?" I ask her. She rests her elbows on the counter and covers her face.

"Be honest," she sighs.

"I think Cheryl is right," I admit, "Archie doesn't need a president position, he needs you to be there for support."

"That's what I'm doing!" She groans loudly and I look to Jughead.

"Maybe," I say, "and this is just a suggestion, you look into that group to help Archie. Forget about this dumb thing with Cheryl."