Chapter 10

My frantic pacing was causing more panic in my mind. Gryphons and Gargoyles was everywhere. And every person I've been raised to trust is hiding why it's bad.

The adults have confiscated hundreds of rule books and given us numerous lectures about the game. Yet no one was explaining why.

"How long have you been like this?" I hear Lily's soft voice. I stop and turn to face the adult. My nerves on extreme edge.

"Hours," I admit, "I'm stressing over this stupid Gryphons and Gargoyles game. What the hell is it?"

"I heard it's back in Riverdale," She says, "I'd stay away from it. Better yet. Please I'm begging you stay away from it."

"Why though?" I ask her, "what could be so bad about this damn game that we can't even think about playing it yet no one will tell us why! Don't we deserve at least that?"

"You do," Lily says calmly.

"what?" I ask in utter disbelief. She looks at me and nods.

"You're right. All of you kids deserve a proper explanation," She says, "I can tell you my part of the story. And well the moment Hermione called to tell me what happened with Diltion and Fred said you seemed to be investigating the case. Well, i grabbed a couple of your moms diaries I've been hiding from you. I'll tell you what I know. Which is hazy to say the least. And you can read your moms perspective."

"What the hell Lily Why are you more useful in one day then these adults have been in like a month and a half?" I say hugging her. She shrugs. As I pull away we both move to sit on my bed. She takes a deep breath and takes my hand.

"It was our junior year.."

(Lily

Naomi

Naomi