Chapter 6

"This is fucking shit!" I exclaim as we take the booth in Pops, "this is crazy we are crazy that thing was nothing

"This is fucking shit!" I exclaim as we take the booth in Pops, "this is crazy we are crazy that thing was nothing."

"Babe calm down," Jug says placing his arm around my shoulder. The whole thing was making me feel like I was loosing it. "Behold the Gargoyle King," Jug says pulling out the paper Diltion's left him. "Luckily for us, doesn't run very fast."

"No, but really, it was too tall to be Ethel, I think," Betty says, "Unless she was on stilts, which is a possibility because she's not answering her phone."

"If that was Ethel on stilts I'm going to slaughter her," I hiss, "Is there anything on Dilton's map?"

"You mean, what we should've checked in the first place?" Jug says flipping it over, "Uh, yeah
Right here." He points to the different points on the map, "This is where I found Ben and Dilton. And this is the footbridge where Ethel wanted us to meet, but this What does that look like to you?"

"I mean, I was researching runic symbols earlier. That one didn't show up," She says.

"What if it's not a symbol?" Jug says.

"Which if Dilton was leaving this for you if wouldn't be," I say to him.

"What if that's the drawing for the hatch? That leads to the underground bunker," Jug says, "I mean, if this map is halfway accurate, I'd say that that's right around the deadfall in Fox Forest."

"Then let's go back," Betty says and I stare up at her in disbelief.
"This isn't a movie Betty," I say not believing her words, "we can actually die! I am not doing this supernatural bullshit!"

"N/n," Jug says, "I promise you nothing will hurt you, We can find this."

"I don't really want to find it," I whine. I take a minute to clam myself. "But for the sake of dumbass teenagers following Ben and Diltion's footsteps. I guess."

"Great," Jug says, "we go looking tomorrow. Until then, we should head home."

"Yeah," I say, "lets go." As we get out to my truck I help Betty into the back while Jug and I take the front. We rid in mostly silence, beside the soft humming of the radio. That things, whatever it was, scared the shit out of all of us. So it's no surprise all of us were acting strange considering. As we pull up to the Andrews house Betty climbs out first and marches home. Jug and I look to each other as we sit by the door.

"I should go," He says and I grab his arm.

"Please don't," I say softly, "can you please stay with me?" He pulls me into a hug.

"Of course," He says as he runs his palm across my back comfortingly. He pulls back and we make our way through the quiet house to my room. I pull my jeans off and switch them to shorts and climb into bed, while he tosses off his jeans. He jumps down beside me and we curl up together. His arms wrapped around me tightly. Instantly killing all of the fear that filled me seconds ago. Because I know with him I'm safe.
~~~~