Chapter 13

"Juggy?" I call as I make my way down the ladder.

"Jug?" Betty calla out.

"You won't believe the stories we got from Alice and Lily-" I stop as I see the scene in front of me. Jug, Toni, Sweet Pea, Cheryl, And Fangs deep into a game of Gryphons and Gargoyles. "Jug. What the hell are you doing?"

"Y/n! Betty," He says standing up, "It's all making sense, all of this is becoming clear."

"What's becoming clear?" I ask him as I grow cold. Fear in my heart.

"The game, the Gargoyle King!" He says in a tone and demaonr I've never seen from him before. It was a version of him that terrifies me to my core. I back away towards Betty.

"I'm a Level Three, but it's only a matter of time until I ascend And I get to beat him

"I'm a Level Three, but it's only a matter of time until I ascend And I get to beat him." He says with a look of craziness in his eyes. Betty and I share a fearful look. Is it too late to stop this?

"You're playing the game?" I ask him in disbelief. He nods. Frustration fills me in seconds. Both of us agreed not to play the game on account of his bad feeling from skimming the rule book. Especially after the whole mess with Ben and Ethel. And hearing it from Lily definitely pushed it into a new light for me.

"All of us serpents are," He says gesturing to the table. The other teen serpents sitting awkwardly between us. "We even saved a character for you. The high elf." He grabs the card and hands it to me. The whole scene making me want to puke.

"Jug I-" I mumble looking down to the ground. I couldn't meet his eyes. He reaches for my hand and I jump back. I didn't want whoever the hell that was to touch me.

"N/n what's wrong?" He asks. I move, practically hiding behind Betty. I don't care how much it offends him. But the look in his eyes made my blood run cold. "Babe."

"We need to talk to you," Betty says to him as she looks at me. Obviously confused seeing as my usual big attitude is gone. "Now."

"Okay okay," He says and looks to the Serepents before him. "We'll continue this another day." They grab their things quickly leaving the tension between him and I. As they leave and my eyes land in the game on the table my look turns into disgust.

"Why is she so quiet?" Jug asks Betty not even looking at me. The shock and disgust from before turns into fierce anger quickly.

"You promised me," I growl at him, "that you wouldn't fuck with this game."

"It's opened my eyes-"