Chapter 35

I move with the other serpents through the dark school. My trainee jacket replacing my serpent jacket. I move behind Jughead. Dodging the furniture and other crap in the school."Perimeter's clear," Jug's voice cuts through the walkie talkie on my hip, "Moving in." Jug waves directions towards us. As we turn the corner a red dot moves to the back of Sweet Pea's head. Jug jumps to knock him back but its already too late. "Sweet Pea, duck!"

"Bang, bang! You're both dead," Keller says as the lights turn on, "Always check your six, Deputies."

"It's a deadly mistake," FP says. I roll my eyes at him. Boy he got sheriff by taking a shot at Hiram so since when does this bitch know all this stuff. I mean damn with that logic hand we a gun and I'll gladly be the new sheriff.

"This is just a simulation, but you don't get any do-overs on the street," Keller says.

"Which makes it all the more obvious that you boys aren't ready for them," FP says as I growl under my breath. I look over the group and then back to FP. It's not my fault that they suck. "You wanna stop the rogue Gargoyles? Work as a team. Till you've proven you can do that, I'm not letting you out there. Do it again." We all scoff and sigh in defeat.

Jug looks to the ceiling cursing himself slightly as I kick the set of lockers beside me

Jug looks to the ceiling cursing himself slightly as I kick the set of lockers beside me. "Let's go Jug!" FP yells at once. Sweet Pea pats Jugs back leading us back as we all reset on the course. We were in police training in an attempt to be able to join FP and the police in the field to take down the gargoyle assholes. Our second and third tries end in failure too. Eventually, FP decides to just send us home.

"I hate this," I say to Fred as the four of us eat dinner. He, Lily, Archie, and I to be exact, "Jughead isn't communicating with the rest of the team well enough. It's leading us to fail these exercises."

"Well have you talked to him?" Lily asks me. I tense slightly. No, I haven't talked to him. I slept with him again and I don't want him to take it as we are getting back together. Despite how grand the gesture of the Seventeen Duet that was my thing. Not his. He still isn't making the effort he needs to. "Well?"

"No," I say honestly, "we haven't been talking as much. My fault."

"That you slept with him," Archie says under his breath. I send a harsh kick across the table kicking his leg with full force. What an asshole! I mean come on to the parents? Two can play at this fucking game.

"Was that Josie that snuck in last night?" I ask with a smug tone. Fred rolls his eyes as he looks between Archie and I. As of late the two of us have been at each other's throats. Josie has been busy and I've been single and doing nothing so we both are growing tense.

"You two act more like brother and sister every day," Fred says, "no boys or girls in the house after 10. That goes for both of you!" I roll my eyes slightly looking off.

"I can't believe you slept with Jughead after you broke up with him," Lily says drawing my attention back to her, "how the hell does that show him that he's toxic and needs to get his shit together."