Chapter 24

Betty crashes her lips against mine in a deep passionate kiss. Her lips are soft and nice against my chapped one but the second my mind catches up with my body I pull away from her.

"Betty what the hell?" I ask harshly. Her confidence from seconds ago melt to nothing.

"I'm sorry I guess I just read signs wrong, and I thought you liked girls," She says softly, "I'm sorry forget about all of that."

"Betty this isn't about me liking girls or boys this is about me not wanting to cheat on my boyfriend," I say to her, "I've grown a lot in the last year and I refuse to go down that cheating path again."

"I thought you liked me," she says softly.

"Maybe I do but that doesn't matter," I tell her, "I'm in love with Jughead. Besides Betty you deserve so much better than me. I lie, I cheat, I'm a mess all around. On the other hand you Betty, you are fantastic." Her eyes swell with tears.

"I wish that everyone would stop deciding what I do and don't deserve," she says angrily as she starts to cry, "You, Jughead, Archie. I think I know who I deserve. You say time and time I deserve someone better they'll come along. So where the hell are they?"

"Betty-"

"I've liked you for a while," She admits, "this isn't a phase or anything."

"I have a boyfriend Betty," I say to her, "this isn't gonna happen I'm sorry. I'll see you around." I move past here and rush inside. My back slumping against the door as it shuts. I slide down falling to the ground burying my head in my knees. How could she do that? I mean after everything she went through when Jug cheated on her she's okay putting someone else through that? And how the hell am I gonna tell Jug?

~~~~~

The next morning I drive down to the bunker to meet Jug. The night before he told me to met him here cause his father wanted to handle tall boy in a legal manor. Too bad the man was hidden in the very bunker we were about to take the sheriff to.

All though that alone was causing me to stress, now the fact I have to tell Jug about the kiss. Which by the way kept me up all night last night. Why now of all times? Couldn't she wait for things to die down?

Once I reach the bunker I step in to see Fangs and Sweet Pea already there. They were moving the body from the ground to underneath the bed.

"That's the most obvious place to hide the body," I say to them, "there isn't a single better place you can think of?"

"We can't move it from the bunker until its not as crazy out there," Jug says. The moment my eyes hit his i feel guilt bubble up in my core. Not that I had any say in the matter but still it's cheating. It makes me sick. I felt awful after I cheated on Sweet Pea and I feel awful now. "You okay babe? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Um," I say looking from his to the other two serpents, "can I talk to you? Alone. It's important."

"We don't really have any time for alone but we can talk," He says as he looks over to Sweet Pea and Fangs.

"I'm sorry," I say to him, "I really want to talk alone. It's important."

"Guys go look out for my dad," Jug says. Sweet Pea rolls his eyes as they walk out leaving him and I alone. Now kids if you haven't ever read the tell tale heart you might not get this. But I swear I could a heart beat in my ears. The sound deafening. The weight of hiding yet another body and everything with Betty pulling me down.

"Betty kissed me," I tell him softly, "I told her to go away and that it was completely inappropriate. I'm sorry."

"I figured that would happen," He sighs running his fingers through his messy locks. "So what now?"