Chapter 8

"Is it really just called the farm?" I ask Betty as we walk into the designated room for the club, "I mean they couldn't pick a better name for it?"

"I don't know," Betty says, "But it seems like it's what they are sticking with." We look around to see the empty room and I sigh.

"Are we early?" I ask, "I mean Evelyn isn't even here."

"Hello?" Betty says

"Hello?" Betty says.

"Betty?" We hear a soft voice and turn around nervously. We see the girl and take a deep breath.

"Evelyn. You snuck up on me," Betty says stepping back towards me.

"What are you guys doing here?" Evelyn asks and looks at me, "who is she?"

"Oh I'm Y/n L/n," I say offering my hand to her and she shakes it.

"Evelyn Evernever," She says.

"Well, we came to learn more about the Farm," Betty says as I pull my hand back, "Are we early?"

"No. No," Evelyn says, "The Farm just needs some time to catch on."

"Yeah," Betty says.

"But it will," Evelyn says, "Uh Pizza?"

"No, I'm good. Thank you," Betty says but I take one.

"I also came here to talk to you about Ethel Muggs. She said that you're helping her with her seizures," Betty says as I eat the slice of Pizza.

"Trying to. Yeah," She says, "With my dad's teachings. I just have to get her off that darn medication. - You're not taking any, are you?"

"No, no, I'm not. I'm considering it. Um, I'm still having convulsions," Betty says lying.

"Well, how often are they happening?" She asks.

"Once or twice, daily," Betty says, "I was hoping that your dad could help."

"I was hoping you'd say that," Evelyn smiles then looks to me, "well what brings you here?"

"Huh?"

"To the farm support group," She says, "what brings you here?"

"I heard your good a fixing problems and I have a lot of them," I say to her.

"Such as?" She asks. I look to Betty silently asking if I should rip off that bandaid. Betty nods.

"Well Evelyn," I say to her, "I have quite the list. My father went crazy and murdered my sister and mother after years of constant abuse,  he also helped the black hood so yeah. My brother out of fear of my father coming to him next killed himself. My father figure was shot and almost died. I was raped by some spoiled rich brat, my best friend is in prison. I grew up being severely bullied. My foster families all treated me like dirt. I found the corpse of my dead murder father. Betty helped break me and my boyfriend up... did I miss anything? Oh yeah my boyfriend and I joined a gang and he was literally beaten half to death. And I was shot. Still have that scar."