Chapter 15

As Betty and I sit tangled together in the exit

As Betty and I sit tangled together in the exit. Our minds racing as we stare at Archie. His face worn and tired as he looks awful.

"We are criminals now," Betty whispers to me in slight fear. I nod. I didn't know what to think of it. I mean I've been used as a scapegoat before but never have a committed a crime that would land me in prison.

"I know," I say softly, "we need to get our story straight since we were seen together."

"Alright alright," She nods. I look on solemnly.

"We were riding our bikes," I say to her, "going back to Jug's trailer when they stopped us."

"Okay okay," She nods and I continue.

"We were going to Jug's to gather some stuff for the tent city serpents," I tell her, "Got it?"

"Got it," She says looking down. Both of us slightly nervous about the alibi and how it would go. She stands and walks towards Archie. Placing a warm rag on his forehead.

"Poor Archie," She says softly

"Poor Archie," She says softly. As the door opens with both jump. Looking to see Jug panicking as we moves towards us.

"Juggie whats wrong," I ask as he wraps his arms around me. I'm taken back by the weirdness. "Babe?" He pulls away and looks at me. His eyes calming.

"I saw him," He says, "The Gargoyle King."

"Jug, what the hell?" Betty asks as I go into a more alert mood.

"Just now? Again?" I ask frantically.

"As I was walking home," He says, "I followed him into a clearing. Guys, there are others. There's, like, ten of 'em. They look like his disciples. Like, they were worshiping the king."

"Oh, my God," Betty says as she stands walking towards us.

"This is fucking insane," I say in utter disbelief.

"They had on these masks, like, they were a gang," He says, "A gang of gargoyles."

"Well, let's go after them!" Betty says and I look at her like she's absolutely stupid.