Chapter 17

"Just come here!" Sweet Pea yells. I look to Jughead who seems utterly confused.

"Yeah yeah okay," I tell him, "we'll be there in five." He hangs up and I usher Jughead inside the truck. Leaving the heartfelt moment behind to go to the demands of the serpents.

"What did he say?" Jug asks.

"He said to get there," I tell him as we get moving on the road, "nothing more than that but he seemed urgent. He was on edge."

"More than normal?" Jug laughs slightly I smile.

"No instead of anger it was more fear," I tell Jug, "Sweet Pea isn't scared easily either." Jug catches the seriousness in this. His mind set on solving the mystery as we drive there. Once parked we both jump out to see Sweet Pea and Fangs marching towards us. "What do we have?"

"Someone's sending us a message guys," Sweet Pea says

"What's the message?" Jug says. They exchange a look.

"- Come on," Fangs says then looks to me, "you might want to brace yourself." I'm taken back.

"I'm a big girl," I say to him, "I'll be fine." Jughead nods to them. They continue to lead us forward. Coming into sight on the thrown crown chair was a bright blue tarp draped over it.

They both back away allowing Jug and I to reach the tarp

They both back away allowing Jug and I to reach the tarp. The first thing I notice is a pungent smell.

"Gross," I say softly. Jug steps reaching for the tarp pulling it off. Once it is moved away I see a stiff Joaquin. "Oh god," I whimper softly. The symbol from before carved into his forehead. And his lips stained a soft blue. Jug sighs loudly.

"Joaquin," He says softly. He takes the end of the tarp and throws it back over the body. I'm taken back. Shock fills me to my core. Holy fuck Kevin is going to be destroyed over this.

"Who do you think did it?" Sweet Pea asks. Jug walks off sadly.

"Uh I don't know," Jug says, "The Gargoyle gang or Hiram Lo- Could be anyone."

"That symbol on his forehead-" Fangs says. I step towards Jug placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Sacrifice," He says, "I have to get to Archie. Come on Y/n." I hand him the keys.

"Start the truck," I say to him, "I'll be there in a second." As he rushes off I look to Fangs and Sweet Pea. Hugging them both one at a time.

"I'm sorry," I say to him, "I'm so so sorry." Fangs looks down softly. This was their friend. They've lost so much. "Shh." As I pull back I apologise to them. Stepping back and running towards Jughead. Once in the car I can see him seconds away from mentally crashing. He taps the dash nervously.

"We need to get to Archie," he says, "we need to get to Archie now."

"The symbol you don't think it could be real?" I ask him. He shrugs nervously.