eight

Asui, Hana, Izuku, and Mineta walked through the water. All of Hana's lower half was wet.

Mineta laughed, "I had a good poop this morning which makes me balls sticker."

"Gross," Hana said aloud.

"They're not going anywhere," Mineta assured her.

Something very small inside of Hana wanted him to drown.

Izuku began to mutter to himself. Hana didn't hear what he was saying before she could say anything Asui spoke.

"You're creeping me out. Stop it please."

Izuku stopped talking and looked at her.

"Instead of second-guessing what we did, shouldn't we be thinking about our next move?" Asui asked.

"Yeah, you're totally right."

Hana saw Izuku flinch at the pain of his fingers. She trudged over to him and took his hand gently.

"You need to stop doing this," Hana said sternly.

Hana made a small sprout come up from the water. She took off its leaves and wrapped each leave around of Izuku's fingers. She took off her hair tie and took another from around her wrist. She tied the ties around his fingers, too keep the leaves in place. He flinched at the tightness. She examined her work. Just like how she did it the first time when they were training together on the first day of school.

"There, it's not much but it's better than just leaving your fingers out without protection like that..." Hana dropped his hand.

Izuku gave her a smile and a nod.

"Okay if we follow the shore to the exit, then we can avoid the central plaza entirely." Izuku pointed to the shoreline.

"Good idea, that way we don't run into the villains Mr. Aizawa's facing off with there," Asui said looking at the middle section of the USJ headquarters.

"I hope he's okay..." Hana whispered aloud.

"He might not be... if he doesn't get some backup he's just gonna tire himself out. He'll end up getting defeated by those villains because he was trying to keep us safe."

Hana let out a shaky breath. He couldn't die... Hana couldn't live with herself if he died and she did nothing to help him.

"Wait... don't tell me you're suggesting-are you trying to get us killed or something?!" Mineta cried.

"I'm not saying we should jump in the middle of a battle. But maybe we could take a few of those guys out and lighten his load." Izuku suggested.

"Deku's right," Hana said after a brief moment of silence.

They all turned to her.

"Mr.Aizawa's gonna sacrifice himself for us it's not right." She shook her head. "We have to help him. It's the right thing to do."

~

The foursome inches closer and closer to where their teacher was. They walked as quite as they could manage.

"Remember we're just here to see how things are going, alright?" Mineta whispered to mostly Hana and Izuku.

"Ribbit."

"We got it," Hana whispered back standing up straight.

"We'll get out of here the second it seems dangerous," Izuku assured.

All four of them peaked their heads off the ledge, all of them still soaking wet.

Aizawa seemed to be doing perfectly fine. That lifted the tension off of Hana's shoulders. Hana watched as the villain with hands all over his body came running at him. Aizawa dodged his attack and punched him the stomach.