seven

The sweet taste of death was so close yet so far. The past two days felt longer than they should have. It was pure endurance tests one after another. Her muscles burned and her eyes felt heavy.

"You stopped counting!" Midnight growled.

Her high heeled foot was on Hana's back. She pushed Hana down.

"Sorry I was thinking-"

"Don't think-"

Hana threw up.

Midnight's eyes widened. Her foot vanished from Hana's back. Hana fell into a pit of her own vomit.

"Oh shit! Okay, come on get up."

She pulled Hana up by her ponytail and sit her up on the beach sand.

Midnight took off her blue tank top revealing a blue bikini top underneath. She wiped the vomit from Hana's face.

"Are you alright?" Midnight asked with worry.

"I am peachy keen butter bean!" Hana laughed.

Midnight blinked.

"You know what I love? Red velvet cake. Like what is it? Chocolate? Vanilla? Who knows?" Hana threw up her hands in the air.

"What... Hana, you're not making any sense."

"I love... what do I love I forgot oh my god wait give me a second."

This hadn't happened to her in so long. When she was really little she used to overwork herself and her quirk. While they were little things to her now, i.e growing trees, popping up flowers, it was a lot for a little girl.

Her overworking has fried her brain and made her... act not like herself...

While it wasn't as bad or as often as Denki Kaminari's and didn't last as long it was still something she had to control.

"Damn I worked you too hard I'm sorry Hana." Midnight bites her lip and hugged the girl gently.

"It is okay! Also, I am hungry!" Hana shouted too loud.

"Alright, let's get you some red velvet cake." Midnight picked the teenager up bridal style.

"Yay!" Hana clapped

~

The cake was one of the best things she had ever tasted. Midnight watched her eat with a hint of humor in her eyes.

Her thoughts were coming back to her now.

"That's really embarrassing..." Hana said aloud listening to Midnights story.

"Oh no, you didn't say anything too terrible. It's good to know that red velvet is your favorite flavor of cake though." Midnight laughed softly.

"My mom used to call it Loosey-goosey Hana. One time I overworked my quirk so bad that I literally like stripped naked and ran around the backyard. It took my dad thirty minutes to get me to put my dress back on." Hana grimaced at the memory.

"I'm sure you were a very sweet child."

"I was shy. I didn't really talk to people I only had three friends when I was little."

Two of the girls had moved away and she lost contact with. The only girl left was Asui.

"As opposed to now, you're such a social butterfly." Midnight mused sipping her coffee.

"I can't tell if you're making fun of me or not." Hana frowned.

"I'm serious. Everyone seems to like you one way or another. It's like your a magnet and everyone else is metal."