Return to village

Sakura pov

I was relieved when we finally beat the guy. I was tired from using so much chakra. I felt my legs give out and I feel to my knees. "Sakura you ok?!" Naruto asked.

I smiled, "Yeah, just tired from using so much chakra." I said reassuringly.
He didn't seem to buy it but he slowly nodded. Then I felt myself being picked up. I looked up into the onyx eyes of Sasuke. He was holding me bridal style, and I was so close to him that I felt myself blush.

"We need to get you back and let you rest, you are our medic after all." He said. Then he looked over to Naruto, who smiled and put his arms behind his head. Poor guys, they looked worse then me. Sasuke was cut up and bruised and Naruto was bruised and had a huge lump on his head.

I pushed against Sasuke's chest, "Thank you Sasuke but I can walk." I said sliding out of his grasp but the moment my feet touched the ground my legs gave out again. But being as fast as he was, Sasuke was holding me again. He held me tighter to his chest and turned where his back was to Naruto.

"Can you keep up?" He asked over his shoulder. I heard Naruto laugh and say, "Believe it."

Sasuke started forward at breath taking speed. I felt my head lay on his chest. He replied with his trademark, "Hn." And I fell asleep against his warm skin. It's funny how I used to think Sasuke's icy interior would match his outside. But his skin was warm. A perfect pillow if you ask me.

I woke up in a hospital bed. I sat up and stretched looking around I saw Hinata laying in the bed beside me. Man I slept good. I shivered as my bare feet touched the cold floor. I stared out the window and smiled, I was back in Konoha. I was home again.

"Ah, your awake." Came my teacher's voice. I turned to see the hokage. I nodded, "Yes ma'am." I beamed.

She laughed and hugged me. "Are the boys ok?" I asked, hoping Sasuke and Naruto were ok. She frowned, "Yes Naruto and Sasuke are ok."

"Where are they? I wanna see them." I said walking past her.

"Sakura wait." She said. I stopped and looked back at her.

"After I treated Sasuke, he left." She sadly said. I felt tears well up in my eyes, "What? And you let him leave?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"Yes, for a good reason." She handed me a piece of paper. "He left it for you." I opened it and read.

Sakura, thank you for healing me and for everything. I have something to do but once I complete it I will come back to the village. To you.

I felt tears stream down cheeks and land on the paper. "What does he have to do?" I asked.
"He is going to kill Orochimaru." She said, my eyes widened.

To be cont.