Chapter 7

This is a shorter chapter but it includes a big twist. Hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer – I am NOT Lynette Noni or Rick Riordan. I do not own any of these characters except for Aylvair.

vii

Aylvair! Meet. Forest. 2. Before dawn.

I woke, sweat pouring down my forehead and back. I shivered and looked over at the other bed, hoping I didn't wake my brother (half-brother?). I hadn't thankfully. I checked the black digital clock on the bedside. It read 4:00. I knew the voice who'd spoken in my head and I knew what they wanted. The person had contacted me in similar ways before. Slipping out of bed and quietly putting some clothes on, I sneak out of the window above my bed.

Standing in the cold isn't fun. Why was uncle taking so long? I thought. After a couple minutes of stamping my feet and rubbing my arms to keep warm, I felt a presence.

"Hello Aylvair. Long-time no see." Stepping out of the Shadows is my uncle. He looks the same from when I last saw him. Honey coloured hair and golden eyes. All black clothes on his tanned skin.

"Hello uncle. How are you? You haven't contacted me for ages. Why now?" He looks at me and gives me a small smile. I like his smile. It makes me feel loved.
"It's been so long. Too long. I've missed you terribly."

"But why uncle? Why now to call me?" He leans against a tree, folding his arms across his chest.

"Things have been changing. I feel a bad omen coming. One even more powerful than I and Alexandra Jennings put together. If only that drat Alexandra Jennings hadn't thought I was..." He sighed. "If only she knew the whole truth. If only she hadn't been blinded by her thinking. If only... if only..." I nod, not knowing what to say nor what to do. 

"But I mustn't bore you with my ranting. I called you to tell you terrible things are arising. The Nyxnoxae have come into the Mortal world, everything is at unease. I must warn you. You mustn't get too attached to this world for the dreadful things could overthrow everything and kill anyone in their way. I never want to see you hurt." I nod, tears glistening in my eyes. I love my uncle and tell him so. His golden eyes, usually hard, glint sorrowfully, full of compassion and love. Flicking his hair away from his eyes, he stands straighter and I smile at him.

"I love you Aylvair. Even though you aren't my daughter, I wish to the Greek gods you were. As that daughter, I have always loved you and will continue to do so. Stay safe. Don't stray from what your heart tells you to do." He turns his back and starts to walk back into the shadows.

"Wait! Uncle, wait!" He turns and I tell him the last thing I wanted to tell him.

"Uncle, no matter what happens, I will always love you to. I'll try and make them see. If I go back to Medora, I'll make them see." I thought my words would make him happy. What I didn't think would happen would be that he races towards me and holds me by the shoulders, making me a bit nervous.

"No Aylvair. No. Don't put yourself in danger for me. If they knew who you are, you could be thrown in the dungeons for eternity. I don't want that for you. I never want that to happen to anyone, especially you. Promise me. Promise me you won't do anything to endanger yourself. Please." His eyes are filled with worry that I make the promise, knowing that one day, I'll probably have to break it to have him with me. To have him live in Medora with me. To be one happy family. He looks satisfied but still worried after I make the promise. Clutching me in a bear hug, he whispers in my ear;

"Please Aylvair. Please. You're all I have left." With those departing words, he ran back into the trees, leaving me with the lingering smell of him. I love him. I love him more than anyone knew. He's been my big secret and has tried to be there for me always. He was my mother's brother through and through. Even though my mother had two brothers, which made me have two uncles, he'd always been my favourite. He was the reason I continued living. My goal was to clear his name and let him live the rest of his life with me, in Meya.

"I love you, uncle Aven."

Ah-ha-ha!! Bam! Hope you enjoyed that little TMC tie in. I wonder what Aven will be doing in the upcoming chapters??