Chapter 15

Rightio! The fight! This bit gets exciting! Enjoy!

Disclaimer – I am NOT Lynette Noni OR Rick Riordan and I DO NOT own any of the characters excepts the ones I made up.

Xv

"Okay Nico. We need... That strip. Ooooh! And those. Them too!"

"Ugh! Aylvair, I think we have enough. He's not that big." I sigh and rub the spot between my eyebrows.

"Nico, this guy is huge! And anyway, it's easier for me to shrink things than it is for me to make them bigger. So, I think if we make it too big, it won't matter as much. If we make it too small, this plan won't work." Nico sighs in defeat and lugs the metal I'd pointed to over to where we're sitting. I'm holding a blow torch and melding the metal together to make it sturdy enough to hold the God while also casting spells on it to make sure the God can't get out.

"Aylvair, can I meld for a few minutes? You can cast the spell after. I just need a rest or I won't be able to shadow travel back to Will and Rowan." I shake my head while I continue to meld and cast spells on a sheet of metal.

"Nico, I'm sorry. If you really can't shadow travel all the way back, I'll help you shadow walk. But this needs to be perfect because we won't get another chance. Please understand!" Nico shakes his head making his black hair droop in his eyes. I get up and brush the hair away. "Hey. What's wrong? I know you're tired, but we need to keep going." I tilt his head so I can look him in the eyes. I see them tearing up and some of the tears spill. I wipe them away gently with my hand. "Hey. Hey. Everything will be okay. I promise. What's wrong?"

"I... I can't let you go back. You... you could be killed, and it would be all my fault." I shake my head.

"Nico, if I die, it won't be your fault. It would be no one's fault except Zembia's. And anyway, you're not the only one who's not gonna let me die." Nico huffs out a laugh and I smile. "We'll get through this. Together. We'll all get through this. I promise. I promise." I rub Nico's back and we comfort eachother.

We're both stressed and are finally feeling the pressure of what we must do. It weighs us down. But it also makes us fight harder to get the burden off our shoulders.

"Lord Zembia! I challenge you to a duel! I win, you have to get into this sphere and not try and get out. If you win, you get to kill us in any way you wish." Rowan turns to look at where Nico and I appear out of the shadows.

"Aylvair! What do you think you're doing?!" I ignore him and walk closer to Zembia. I can feel the God's stare on me as I draw my blade. He starts to laugh and the sound is deep and rumbling, making the ground shake again.

"Ha ha ha! You? A wee child? Could beat me in a battle? Ha ha ha! No chance. But I guess it'll get your death over quick and easy. Okay. We'll duel. But first, how do we win?"

"First person to pin their opponent to the ground for 10 seconds or until a person puts the other in a position where the only option is death." The God laughs again.

"Very well mortal. Let's see how long you last in a duel against the unbeatable Zembia!" I put my hand out and we shake.

Okay! This chapter will be short because I want the WHOLE battle to go into another chapter. Hope you enjoyed!