Chapter 12

Ok! So! Another chapter! I'm sorry about the lost interest in this fanfic and I hope you will forgive me for it. Anyway, here is the next chapter! Enjoy!

Disclaimer – I am NOT Lynette Noni OR Rick Riordan and I DO NOT own any of the characters except the ones I invented myself!

Xii

The bright balls of gas pierced the darkness. Stars. I love seeing them up in the sky, free. I sigh and watch them twinkle in the black sky. Talking with Reyna, Hazel and Frank had tired me out but the Roman war game was fun. The teams had been Cohorts 1, 4 and 5 attacking while Cohorts 2 and 3 defended. I was working with attacking team with Nico while Will and Rowan had been on the defence. We'd all had lots of fun.

I hear some rustling a few meters away. Sitting up, I watch as the silhouette of a boy approaches. I can't see his face with the firelight from the campfire behind him but I can tell from his walk that it's Rowan. Knowing this, I lie back down.

"Hey. What're you doing out here?" I shrug. I hear and feel him lie down next to me. I sigh again, but this time, the sigh is full of sadness. Tears well in my eyes and I brush them away, not wanting him to see my cry. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), he knows I'm crying.

"What's wrong? Please tell me. I might be able to help." This statement makes me angry. Boys! They were always trying to make things better. They listened yes, but then they'd try and fix things!

"You and no one can help. Who do you think you are? Some prince charming coming to my aid on his fine stead? No! I don't need your help!" I turn onto my side so my back is to him. I feel guilty for raging at him like that, but I couldn't hold it in. I missed my home in Meya. I missed Zains horrible cooking which always resulted in us going to Roka and Kyia's for dinner. I missed Alex and her friends visiting from time to time. I missed the Silverwood and the other Meyarins. But most of all, I missed Aven. I know he's only a wish away from me, but I also know contacting him would be incredibly dangerous.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and hold me while I cry. By the time I stop, I feel better.

"I'm sorry I got mad at you. I just..." I look around the Roman camp. With my heightened hearing, I can hear shouts of happiness and peals of laughter. I smile sadly. "I guess I just miss my home. I might not see it again for years, maybe even centuries. I guess I'm homesick." Rowan pulls me closer and holds me. I feel safe in his arms and its comforting. After everything that's happened, I guess I didn't know what the end result would be.

"Hey. It's fine. We all get homesick sometimes. I've never been homesick before, but I guess I've never had a home." I look into Rowan's eyes, surprised.

"You... you don't have a home?" He shakes his head.

"No. My mother died when I was three. Apollo couldn't care for me because, well... You know. He's a God. My mother left me with my uncle, her brother. But he was sexually abusive and I couldn't stay with him. I ran away from home when I was five. I only found CHB a few months ago, so I haven't called it home. Plus, when I found CHB, they were in the middle of a war against Gaia. I didn't know if CHB would survive or not." I shake my head, not wanting to believe what he'd been though. I look into his eyes and see they're full of tears.

"Cry. If you need to cry Rowan, you can do it. I won't judge you. Anyway, you've seen me bawl so it won't make much difference." He smiles and it's a happier smile. I hold him like he held me as he cries. I start to cry too and we hold eachother. It's nice and I can tell we both feel much better after drying out tears.

"Don't worry Aylvair. We'll make it though this. We'll make it and then we'll all take a trip to Meya. You'll see your father again. I promise." I smile against his chest, his whispered words giving me hope. Giving me something to fight for.

Yep, it's a short chapter. But that just means they'll be another on the way!