Chapter 9

This is probably the longest chapter yet. Also, this is just Luka's story which is also on my Instagram acc (@aven.niyx_meyamedoran) and I wrote it just for the crossover fanfic. Enjoy!

Disclaimer – I am NOT Lynette Noni and I do NOT own any of these characters.

ix – Luka's Story

"Luka! Come help me make chocolate cookies!" I scramble off my bed and run down the steps to make sure my little brother Jordan isn't doing something dangerous. Our parents don't look after us and Jordan's only 4, the light of my life. He's funny, mischievous and a fun person to be with. But he's also a stickler to the rules and obeys mom and dad way too much.

"Come on Luka! I want to eat them as soon as possible. I'm hungry!" I might've forgotten to mention something else about him. He's very impatient. "Finally! You took forever to get here!" He makes the word forever last forever that I start to laugh. "What? What's so funny?" I can't stop he giggles and he starts to tear up. I stop laughing.

"Hey. What's the matter?"

"You were laughing at me. I don't like it when people laugh at me." His tears are flowing down his cheeks now so I scoop him up. Tipping him upside down, I tickle his sides, careful not to drop him on his head. His sad tears soon turn into tears of laughter. Putting him down, he falls to the ground with laughter.

"Ok, Mr Hungry. If you're so hungry, let's make those cookies." That gets him off the floor and getting the ingredient out of the cupboard. As he gets the ingredients out, I hum our favourite song. It's by a band called Myths and Meyarins. They named themselves that after the myth of the Meyarins, the race that no one knew really existed.

Forever forever,
It's a very long time.
Nothing can ever sever,
It's an endless rhyme.

Infinity infinity,
It's a very long time.
Nothing compare to its divinity,
It's an endless rhyme.

Eternity eternity,
It's a very long time.
Nothing is its enemy,
It's an endless rhyme.

I stop singing when I hear the back door close. Jordan looks up from sitting in front of the oven and starts to run into the hall.

"Mommy! Daddy! You're home!" I stay behind him. My parents don't like us. They shun me and then shun Jordan for fear he has what I've got.

"Hello Jordan. Where's your brother? Your father and I need to speak with him." I'm hanging behind the corner so when our mother asks to see me, I step out from where I'd been lurking.

"Ah! Luka. Your father and I need to speak with you." Jordan looks from one person to the other. "Alone, Jordan. Alone." Father says. Jordan looks disappointed so I decide to make him happier.

"Hey buddy. Let's get some dillyberry juice and cookies and I'll set up a movie for you. How's that sound?" I suggest. Jordan's mood picks up and he nodded happily. Taking the cookies out of the oven, I place them on a plate and get a mug from the cupboard, filling it with dillyberry juice. Taking the food upstairs with Jordan getting under my legs wasn't easy.

"Jordan! Stop getting under me. You'll make me spill everything. Go on up and pick a movie." Jordan smiles and obeys. When I reach the top of the stairs, I head toward the mini movie theatre. Jordan's already there, holding the movie menu.

"I want to watch The 6 Deaths. Please Luka! Let me watch The 6 Deaths." He sits on his knees and holds his hands like he's praying. "Please Luka! Please!"