Chapter 16

Ahhh! Another chapter! Enjoy!

Disclaimer – I am NOT Lynette Noni OR Rick Riordan and I DO NOT own any of the characters except those that I created.

THE FIGHT BEGINS!!

Xvi

"Ready..." Rowan and Nico found my uncle and he's now in a bone prison that Nico made. His eyes are still the ultramarine blue and it just makes me want to kill Zembia more. "Set..." I look at Will and he smiles sadly. Rowan and Nico's faces are full of worry, but I ignore them. I know what I'm doing and I know how to win this thing.

"GO!" Zembia runs toward me at full pelt. His first mistake. Just as he swings his battle axe, I slide under his legs and come up behind him. He's so big, it takes him double the time to realise what's happened. Just as he turns, I blast his leg with shadows making it start to disappear. I don't expect the shadows to make his whole leg disappear, but I do expect it to distract him.

Fortunately, my plan works. He's so engaged in trying to get his leg free of shadows that he doesn't notice it when I blast his face with light. I can't help but laugh at the sight of the huge God with his leg stuck in darkness and his head in blinding light. I finish the plan off with a blast of arrows from my Jarnock pipe. The arrows don't do much in the way of bleeding. But they distract him, so he falls over and hits the ground where I'd piled up some tough bones. His head hits the bones, shattering them. Knocking him out.

"Aylvair! Oh my Greek Gods! Aylvair!" I turn and see my uncle's eyes have returned to normal and he's weeping.

"Uncle. Please don't cry! I'm fine. We're all fine." I hold his hand while he wipes his tears. I wish I could banish the stupid bars that block us, but I know that if Zembia wakes, Aven could do something that might ruin the plan. I tell him so and he nods in understanding.

"Aylvair! Look out!" I look over at the God.

"8..." His hand twitches and I'm nervous he won't stay down.

"9..." He gets to his knees and I know I'm running out of time. I put on a burst of speed and knock him on the head, hard enough to get him down again. Also breaking my arm in the process. The crack rings out across the field just as Zembia falls to the ground.

"10. Aylvair wins the duel!" I grimace as I feel my arm healing slowly. I pull some Laendra from my pocket and chew on the petals. I save the juice for later.

"Right. Now for the last part of our plan. Let's get into action!" I stand up and sway a bit. My head is pounding and I feel dizzy.

"Hey! Hey! Let me handle the rest. You've done enough. Will! Come heal her! I got ya. Hey. Everything will be okay. I got ya." I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around me and lift me off my feet.

"Hey! Put. Me. Down! It wasn't my legs that got broken! I'm fine!" I try and get out of his grip but he just tightens it.

"No. You need to rest. Tell me what to do. I'll do it." I give in and tell him what to do. Together, with my magic and his and Nico's strength, we're able to semi lift Zembia's body into the sphere. He struggled the whole time but my magic stopped him from breaking away from us.

"You cannot do this to me! I am the God of the Earth! No one will stop me! No one can stop me! I am invincib..." The sphere is closed around him, stopping him from his further rant.

"Okay. Rowan, you ready?" He smiles.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I smile in return.

"Good luck. And come back in one piece will ya?" He chuckles and transforms. The light from his transformation is blinding and we all look away. When I look back again, Rowan's transformed into a magnificent beast. I go up to him and pet his head.

"I know I've said this already, but good luck. I need you to come back. And not in body. In soul too. You've helped me so much and I cannot express how much I owe you. But if you can do this last thing, I will forever be in your dept." Rowan the creature's nuzzles his head against my neck. Tears are pouring down my face as I fling my arms around his neck, holding on tight.

"You have to come back. Nico needs you. Will needs you. I need you. Come back safe." I let him go and step back. Nico puts his arm around my shoulders and Will puts his on Nico's. We're in a line, all knowing that this could be the end. Rowan the creature shrieks into the sky and lifts the sphere. At first, it doesn't look like it'll lift. But Rowan pulls and lifts and soon, both creature and God, are in the sky.

"Good luck, Rowan. Come back safe."

Right! I'm done for the day. Next chapter tomorrow!