Chapter 13

Yep, a third chapter for today! Hope you enjoyed the other chapters! More on the way! Enjoy!

Disclaimer – I am NOT Lynette Noni OR Rick Riordan and I DO NOT own any of the characters except those I invented myself!

Xiii

Aylvair. Aylvair. Aylvair. Come to me child. Aylvair. Aylvair. Aylvair.

I'm standing in an empty field as big as three football stadiums. In the very middle of the field, is my uncle. He's standing over a gigantic ball of gas. A star.

"Uncle! Uncle!" He looks over at me, but his eyes aren't their usual gold. They're completely ultramarine blue, the pupil non-existent. "Uncle! What's wrong?" I shout but he can't hear me. He straightens and I see his eyes return to their normal golden colour. This only lasts a second before they revert back to blue.

"Aylvair... Help... Zembia... Capture... Everything... Perish..."

"Uncle! I'll help you! Where are you?" Tears are streaming down my cheeks as I run toward my uncle. But I'm not moving. I'm running without moving. I fall to my knees with despair as I watch my uncle touch his hand to the star. I notice his hand has a cut on it and his silver blood is dripping on the ground. "UNCLE!"

My heart pounds as I race toward the tent where the boys are sleeping. It's 6 in the morning and the boys are still sound asleep.

"ROWAN! NICO! WILL! Help! We... need.... Help... uncle... in... trouble..." Rowan wakes with a start, banging his head on the bed above him. Will gasps as Rowan's head collides with his lower back. Rowan curses colourfully as he sits up. He spots me just as I fall to my knees again. I'm sobbing with despair and making Rowan's nightshirt completely wet.

"Hey! Hey. It'll be okay. Just calm down. Tell us what's happened. There there. Everything will be okay. It'll all be okay. It's all okay." His calloused hands rub my back as I start to calm. Nico comes up behind me and holds me as Rowan changes is soaked shirt.

"Aylvair, what's wrong?" I tell them what I saw as more tears threaten to spill. I hold them back, not wanting to look weak.

"My uncle... He's in trouble. I... I don't know what's wrong, but I know he's in trouble. I saw him on this big field. He's in trouble and we need to save him!"

The boys get into action, repacking the things they'd unpacked. In 5 minutes, we were ready. I'd taken the bags and packed them into the pockets of my shorts. We only held weapons each, not counting a sick bag for Will. Reyna, Hazel and Frank had come to say goodbye. We'd told Reyna our plan and she'd approved.

"Safe trip guys. You beat this God and bring him to his knees! Go kick some immortal ass!" I smile sadly at them. I hold onto Will and Rowan's arms as I step into the shadows. This was it. This was what we'd been preparing for. This battle would be my first. It could also be my last.

Ok. So. The previous chapters were more boring for me to write. But this next chapter will be the fight so... CAN'T WAIT!