chapter 4

I sat down to eat dinner and fixed a fruit smoothie then started a movie.  I felt my phone vibrate and looked down at it.  My mother was calling and I knew what she wanted.  Breakfast as usual. Wants to set me up with a rich but who can take care of me and whatever.  I had money but that's didn't mean I was a helpless chick who needed a man to run my life.  I let it go to voicemail.  Days later I still needed to figure out what I wanted to this weekend. Something new. I'd been to the beach countless times and I was growing board of it. I thought about Jared a couple times and wondered why he hasn't called.  Maybe we didn't hit it off.  Oh well they are plenty of  guys out there.   I woke up Saturday morning and skipped out on breakfast my girls.  I just wanted to get away for awhile. I caught a flight to LA. somewhere I hadn't been in awhile.  Plus they were having a fashion show. I needed new stuff to wear.  I Pulled up to my suite and got checked in.  I changed clothes, it was jacuzzi time.  First I need more ice for my drinks. Oh maybe I should get some more vodka.  I decided to walk down to the store.  It was nice out.  Ah there's a store. I was just about to walk  in when I heard a familiar voice. Jared" it should be open still....... oh hey hold on ".    I walked in the door.  He didn't bother to call.  J" hey wait up! ".   Me" your girlfriends are waiting for you outside ".  He laughed.  J" they're my friends ".  Me " is  that what you call em in your world? ".   J" I'm not that type of guy ".  I grabbed two bottles of Smirnoff cherry and headed to the checkout.  Me" guess your not the type of guy that calls a girl either are you?".   J' I've been busy ".  Me" yea...  ". I looked outside and said " I see that ".  J" friends ".   Me" I gotta go ".  J" that's all for you? ".   Me" there a problem with it? ".    J" no...... you want company?".    Me" um no I just met you a couple days ago and I don't fuck random guys ".   J" so I'm random?".    Me" you don't call me..... so yea you are".    He leaned over the counter and paid for my drinks.  Me" I don't need you to pay for my shit ".   J" " why are you being rude ".    Me" how come you never called ".   He stepped back and I grabbed my bag and left the store.   J' bye".  I didn't say anything and kept going.   I reached my room and poured a glass of my escape from life.  Fuck so good.   I laid back and got relaxed again.   I fell asleep half way through my movie and then woke up starving my ass off.  I grabbed my robe and headed down to the front desk.  I could Jared's voice in my head still. I didn't even know him that much yet, but  he occupied my thoughts and made it hard to think about anything or  anyone else. Damn!   I reached the food bar and grabbed a muffin and I could hear him again.  Sounded so close by.  J" I skipped calling.......I'd rather just come see you in person. ".  I looked and he was right there I'm the door way.   Me" hey".  I turned to step in the elevator when he came running over to me.  J" I'm sorry I didn't call ". Me" its ok ".  I looked over to the wall of the elevator.  He jumped in before the doors shut. Me" what are you doing? ". He pushed me up on the wall of the elevator and kissed me and I felt my head spin.  I didn't touch him. I wasn't sure what the hell was going on.   He pulled away and said " I've been wanting to do that since I met you ".  Me" kiss me again ".  He smiled and held my face kissing me, this time I grabbed around his waist.  Fuck he smelled so good and his body heat on me made me feel like I had just been been kissed for the very first time.   As he backed away he looked in my eyes and I said " you got some.......... sexy blue eyes.... oh god ".  His finger stuffed across my lips and I couldn't speak.  J" what are you doing tomorrow night? ".   Me" I......uh.....nothing ".  J" good your coming  to dinner with me ".  Me" I have to go back to Miami tomorrow".   He leaned down and kissed my neck and said " no.....I think your gonna have to stay an extra day ".   Me" you always get what you want? ".   J" always "  he was breathing faster and looking in my eyes.    Me" I might be there.. mm...maybe " His forehead was against mine and ding! My floor . Me"bye Jared".   I looked back and he just watched me walk away .