chapter 24

Months passed and i was stopped wanting to use as much and wanted to quit. So one day, I stopped at the local cafe and got some coffee and a bagel. Hmmm not very many people here on a Saturday.  I sat down and glanced over my phone and came across a page on addictions.  Nah ! I don't have a problem if i don't do it everyday.  I deleted Kim's and Jared's numbers.   I'm done I need to stop all contact with them.   I jumped when I felt a hand on my back .   I looked up and it was Jared?  J" sorry I didn't mean to scare you ".  Me" don't fuck with me right now ok I'm not...... ".   He sat down and looked at me and looked like he hasn't slept in days.   Me" what do you want from me?".    He looked around and said " I'm sorry about what happened ok..... hear me out ok ".  Me" you want me to leave.... stop playing with me ".   He reached out and touched my hand and I pulled away.  J" stop, I'm serious!  Just listen".     I took a sip of my coffee and said" ok go ".    J" I'm gonna go to meetings and I wanna know if you wanna go with me? ".    Me" you serious? ".   J" do I look like I'm kidding?".    Me" ok what are you up to? ".   He smiled and said " you are an addict just like I am, I have a tour coming up and I'm not trying to be a fucked up dude on stage '.  Me" yea might not be a good idea ".     J" there's one tonight and I will pick you up ".    Me" so if I met you pick me up, IF...... your not gonna pull no shit? ".   J" no I won't..... promise".    Me" ok I will be ready at 7 ".   J" meetings at 7 so ".  Me" ok 6:30 ".    J " that works ".    I felt my phone go off and it was Shannon.  Me" hold on k".  Me" hey you ".    S" where are you? ".    Me" at the delvee cafe, why?".   S" ok..... I'm gonna go take care of some stuff with Tomo so in gonna be out tonight k".   Me " ok Jared and I are.... ". S" your what?  What are you gonna do with him! ".   Me" you wanna calm down and listen? ".    S" no actually I'm gonna fuckin let you go have fun with him ".  Click!  Me "oh dear god really?".    I tried to call him back and no answer.    J" ready to go? ".   Me" where are we going? ".   J" just come".   I was hesitant but gave in and followed him out.  We arrived at a beautiful spot soon after.    J" beautiful huh?".    Me" yes ".  J" this is where I used to come to when I felt like everyone was pulling me to my breaking point....So you nervous about the meeting? ".     Me" kinda, but honestly I don't feel like I have a problem so ".   J" yea....... you do. When u day that right there your an addict ".   Me" how's Kim?".   J" she left me ".   I looked at him and was in shock.  Me" why? ".    He sat down and I looked around and the sun was low in the sky.  J" I wanted to keep using and she told me if I didn't stop she would leave me.  She said that I needed to concentrate on the tour and one night I almost OD and went to the Hospital and came home still using.  She woke up and left me.  I was crushed I tried to call her and she never called me back.  I don't know what to do ".   Me" maybe after you get clean, she will come back, just give it time ".    I sat down beside him and he looked at me.  J " your gonna do this with me right?".   Me" as long as you don't give up on me ".     He touched my leg and said " deal, we gotta go ".  Me" we just got here ". J' I wanna take a shower before tonight ".   Me" ok ".   I followed him back down and before I got in my car, he pulled me into a hug and our lips met.  I felt sparks in his lips.  Me " we can't do this...... I'm with Shannon ".  J" so, he isn't here ".   Me" I'm gonna go I will see you tonight ".    I got in my car and headed home.