Halloween

"Johnny!" 

Young Johnny Gargano scrambled up, attempting to stack his wrestling cards into a neat pile, the pile was a bit sloppy, but it'll do. "Johnny!" His mom rang again. "Sorry, mom!" He yelled, looking into the mirror and smiling before putting on his Batman mask. 

He was going to his third annual Halloween party with his friends, Greg, Chuck Joey and Candice. He headed downstairs, grabbing his pillow case and smiling at his parents. "Let's go Batboy!" His dad chuckled. "BatMAN dad! Man!" Johnny corrected his father. 

Him and his parents arrived to the party, "Johnny's here!" Greg wailed. The friends scrambled downstairs. "Hi guys!" He waved at them. "I got the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game!" Johnny looked up at his parents with excitement. "Can I go upstairs with them?" The parents nodded. "Go ahead, Buddy." Johnny raced back up with his friends. "I call Donatello!" Johnny called out. The other friends chose their turtles and started playing. 

Five minutes in they got interrupted by the sound of a door bell. "That's Candice!" Chuck said. Johnny perked up. Johnny and Joey ran downstairs. 

"Hey, Candice!" Joey smiled. Johnny was blown away from her costume. "Hi." He whispered at her. She wore an amazing gizmo costume. "Hi Joey, Hi Johnny." She smiled at the two boys. "Where are your parents?" Joey asked, looking at the door frame. "I was able to walk here all by myself." She flashed a proud smile. 

Joey went back to get more food but Johnny laid there, mouth hanging open. "All by yourself?" Candice entered the home. "Mhmm!" She said, proudly. "My parents don't even allow me to walk to the park by myself!" Johnny said. "Do you really wanna walk there all by yourself?" She asked him. Johnny thought for a second or two. "Mmm.." He put a finger to his chin. "No...not really." 

Candice took a mini candy bar and opened it up, offering it to Johnny. Johnny accepted it, eating it and smiling. "If it makes you feel better, next time you wanna go to the park I could go with you." Johnny smiled at her. "I'd like that." He said. The two headed back upstairs to join everybody. 

"Woah Candice! Your costume is incredible!" Candice thanked the compliments, joining them in the video game. Johnny looked down at his costume, maybe it wasn't as good as he thought. He didn't mention his thoughts though.

The night had come to an end and the kids went to the living room to count their candy, the colorful wrappers filled the carpet. "100 pieces!" Joey called out. "I got 120!" Greg said. "130!" Chuck yelled. "99..?" Johnny said, not feeling too confident. "200." Wide eyed, everyone looked at Candice. "200?" Joey whispered. Candice nodded, putting a lollipop in her mouth. Johnny didn't feel so confident now. Everyone dug into their pile but he sat there. Everyone went upstairs, except Candice. 

"Is everything okay?" She asked, moving closer to him. "Maybe my costume wasn't as great as I thought." He whispered. Candice chuckled. "Are you kidding me?" She put the mask back on his face. "I think your costume is amazing." That made Johnny feel better. "I got the least amount of candy though.." He pointed out.  "That's okay, I'll share mine." Johnny looked up at her. "Really?" He asked. "Yeah! Besides..my mom doesn't let me eat all of my candy." She muttered, taking a chunk of her candy pile and adding it to Johnny's. "Happy Halloween." She smiled at him. He wanted to whisper it back but couldn't find the words. 

Instead the two friends went back upstairs to finish watching the Halloween episode and chow down on their candy.

It had been years since the party and Johnny and Candice were still friends, Greg never hosted a Halloween party again but the two found a way to make Halloween special.