Pity Party

"Here is your winner, and still NXT North American Championship

"Here is your winner, and still NXT North American Championship....Ricochet!" 

The crowds cheer as Ricochet held the title up crushed Johnny Gargano.

It had been yet another NXT Takeover where he had lost and was defeated. 
He stared at Ricochet who was holding the title above his head, making eye contact with Johnny, a smile on his face. "You just weren't good enough, Gargano." He mouthed. 

That's what Johnny had been feeling for a very long time now.
Just 
Not
Good enough.

Maybe it was true, it was the only thought running through his mind as he sat there, crushed. 

He didn't move, he stayed there perfectly still, the only thing he heard was his heavy breath and loud heart beat. 

And then heard foot steps.

He assumed it was probably the ref or an official, coming down to tell him to get out because Tommaso and Aleister's match was starting soon so he didn't turn around, he continued to sulk in the ring with thousands in attendance.

"Did I get an invite to the pity party?" 

He quickly turned his head, staring back at Candice who wore a sad smile. She moved closer towards him, sitting across of him and staring into his eyes. She moved closer and whispered, "I'm so proud of you." 

Tears filled his eyes and he felt so emotional, he rushed over into her arms and hugged her tight. Causing Candice to fall over whilst still hugging him. The crowd cheered loudly as the wrestling couple embraced in each others arms. 

He held her tightly, "I love you, so so so so much." Johnny muttered in her ear, placing small kisses on her jawline and cheek. Candice brushed his hair out of his face, allowing him to get up. He felt a bit better, smiling back at her. "I love you, always," She gave him a peck on the lips. "Nothing's ever going to change that, ever." 

-

Johnny's ribs were taped, he still was in lots of pain after the grueling match. He sat on a crate, back against the wall.

"There you are.." Candice walked up to him, holding a cold water and a package of ice to put on his neck. She joined him, jumping up on the crate and sitting next to him. "How's the ribs?" Johnny frowned. "Not that good.." He mumbled. Candice rubbed his shoulder, placing the ice pack behind his neck. "Thanks.." She nodded, her lips tugging into almost a frown. Johnny tried to move but his ribs started to ache like crazy. He gasped out in pain, groaning and holding his ribs before pulling away his arm because his touch made them hurt only worse.

"Be careful! Be careful.." Candice said in a worried tone. Johnny twisted the cap to his water bottle with his index finger and thumb and took a sip. He softly smiled, looking down at Candice who's eyes were filled with worry. 

"Don't worry," He whispered. "I'll be okay." He wrapped his arm around her, bringing her close. "I hope so." He kissed the top of her head. "No matter the outcome, I'm proud of you, you'll be champion soon, tonight just wasn't your night." 

"It's been feeling like these past few months have't been my night." Candice frowned. "I've noticed, you seem so happy yet.." She stared at his boots. "..You're not." Johnny shrugged. "I just feel so gone." He muttered, taking a long gulp of his water, the cool liquid passing his lips. "You're not gone," She started, holding his hand. "You were never gone." She stared up at Johnny, into his eyes. "You were just lost." 

"I love you." He whispered. 
"I love you too, Candice." 

The soulmates shut their eyes, peacefully listening to the sounds of the mat when bodies slammed into it. 

-

A/N : Hi! I haven't written anything since Christmas Eve which I apologize for! I might make a late New Years Eve NXT Party one in the future, I was about to head to bed when this idea popped into my head and I couldn't get it out of it so I decided to write it out! I'm so super excited for NXT Takeover Phoenix! The match I'm most looking forward to is Johnny vs. Ricochet (Which I'm hoping the outcome is different than this one shot, I'm rooting for Johnny all the way!) I'm also hoping for Candice to get her own rivalry soon and hopefully get into the title picture, I love Johnny and Candice together but I'm getting so sick of Candice playing the worried wife when she's so much more than that. I'd love for Candice to be womens champion come either NXT Takeover New York or Takeover (Wherever they're holding MITB at skdfjdk)