Punky and Bedhead

(Little one shot where Candice and Johnny aren't dating yet but are close friends who're sharing a single bed hotel room for Phoenix)

Johnny Gargano held his luggage in one hand, looking behind him to smile back at Candice LeRae.

"Slow down, will you?" Candice called back, causing Johnny to laugh. "What was that? I can't hear you, you're too short." She rolled her eyes, smiling at him. "You're like an inch taller than me!" Candice insisted. "Hint the word, taller." Johnny replied with a smirk. 

She scoffed and rolled her eyes once more. They pulled up to the hotel desk.

"Hi, good evening." Candice greeted the hotel worker. "Hi, hello, how may I help you?" She locked eyes with Johnny before going back to the worker. "Can we get a room, please?" The hotel worker started typing quickly at their computer. "We..only have singles bed rooms." The worker peered over their desk and stared at Johnny and Candice. 

They looked as if they weren't budging on giving them the room. Johnny noticed this, wrapping his arm around Candice's waist and brought her closer. Candice hugged him back and allowed her head to rest on his chest. "That's not a problem." Johnny said with a smile. 

The hotel worker looked at them before handing them two hotel keys. "Enjoy your stay." 

The two erupted into giggles as they entered the elevator. "Let's just go have sex on the bed at this point!" Candice piped up which caused Johnny to laugh harder. "Fuck me already, man!" Johnny said and made Candice laugh. 

They entered their hotel room, it wasn't too small for a singles bed room. "Not too shabby.." Candice murmured. "Yeah, definitely." He agreed, flopping onto the bed. "I call the floor!" Johnny called out, rolling from the bed to the hotel floor. "No, no no no.." Candice said, picking him up. "You're sleeping with me." 

The words were replayed in Candice's mind. "I-" Johnny was about to say but Candice interrupted. "Let me rephrase that!" She plopped down onto the bed, bringing Johnny with her. "You're sharing the bed with me with a confined and PG pillow wall." He laughed, his eyes scrunching up together and he smiled throughout his laughing fit. "Alright, I'll share the bed, we could'eve snuggled bu-" Candice playfully shoved him. "Oh you wish, Gargano!" 

He shrugged, smiling. "Besides, if I wanted to snuggle with someone, I'd do it with my dogs or Tegan." Candice said, sticking out her tongue as Johnny frowned. "This is why Penelope loves me more.." He muttered under his breath causing Candice to let out a jokingly dramatic gasp. 

"She does not!" 

"Does too!"

"Bullshit!"

The two stared at each other, before bursting into giggles and leaning onto each other. "I can't with you.." She mumbled. "We're so stupid..." Johnny whispered, resting his chin on her shoulder and laughing. "Your like my dog's dad at this point you see her so much you might as well be at this point." 

Johnny laughed at this, bringing the blankets to cover the two as they snuggled their heads into the pillows and continued to talk for a few hours about everything. 

Johnny's North American Title match tomorrow night

Candice being in the rumble

Johnny being in the rumble

A few tears shed from Candice as she smiled through it. "I just..I've been wanting this since I was a child, now that's it's finally coming true.." She wiped away a tear and smiled. "You deserve this, every bit of it." Johnny rubbed her shoulder comforting and brought her in for a hug. "Thank you, honestly," She gushed. "You've been like my biggest support system for the past four years and I can't thank you enough for sticking by my side." 

Johnny smiled at her. "I love you, punky" Candice smiled back at him. "I love you too, bedhead." She ran her fingers through his soft hair and kept smiling back at him. 

She stared into his eyes, still smiling. She never really thought of Johnny as a life partner, a boyfriend. But smiling right back at him, fingers running through his hair and drowning into his eyes, she felt something special, liked something clicked.

Did he feel the same way?

"Oh jeez, it's already 1 AM..should we get sleeping?" Candice broke out of her gaze and nodded. "Yeah, yeah probably." She agreed, laying down. "Don't forget our super safe, confined and totally PG pillow bed wall!" Johnny said, starting to build it. 

Okay, so maybe he didn't feel the same way she did..

Candice stared up at ceiling and listening to Johnny's soft snores.

She drifted off to sleep at the sounds of Johnny. 

-

Candice woke up, not opening her eyes but moving her chin to feel hair. She slowly opened her eyes and looked down to see Johnny, sound asleep. Johnny's arms were wrapped around Candice and held her close and started moving closer. 

He had extreme bed head, that's where his nickname came from, snuggling into Candice's neck. The pillows weren't even where they originally were, they were scattered everywhere. Candice wanted to say something, but she didn't. She laid there, smiling. 

Johnny woke up, staring up at Candice. "Oh hey there, punky." She chuckled, softly as Johnny hugged her tighter. "Guess the totally safe, confined, PG pillow walls were a failure." Johnny smiled, ruffling her hair.

"Bedhead too, huh?" Candice whacked away his head. "Atleast it's not as bad as yours." She joked, getting up from the bed. "hEY!" Johnny said defensively, trying to push down his hair. "You'll always be bedhead, no matter what." She gave him one small hug. "Same goes to you, punky."

"Punky and Bedhead," She pulled away from the hug to stare into his eyes some more. 

"I like the sound of that."