Holidays

"Joey!"

Candice LeRae shrieked, running away from her best friend Joey Ryan who was carrying a gigantic snowball. "Get over here, Candice!" He shouted, chasing her. 

Candice LeRae was a senior in high school living in Cleveland Ohio.

It was Christmas time, Candice's favorite time of the year. 
She always loved roaming around the streets with a cup of hot cocoa and looking at the pretty lights with Joey. 

"Joey, no!" She yelled as Joey chucked the snowball at Candice and it completely missed, hitting straight through a window. "Oh shit.." Joey mumbled, ducking as the glass flew everywhere. "You're gonna go apologize, right?" She asked. "Yeah, yeah of course." He whispered. "You aren't." Candice said. "I'm not." He confirmed, grabbing her hand and running inside her house. "You're not gonna apologize?" Candice hissed. "No! I..I can't...I'm too scared!" Joey whimpered. 

"Pussy." Candice mumbled. "Hey!" He grumbled. "Go apologize, you broke the person's window!" Joey frowned. "Fine..Fine..later." Candice rolled her eyes. "But I gotta go, my Mom wants me home by six to help with dinner." Candice took out a two cupcakes from the oven. "Take this! See you tomorrow?" Joey smiled at the holiday decorated cupcakes. "Thanks, happy holidays, Candice!" He walked out the door. Candice sat down on her couch, clutching a mug of hot cocoa and snuggling with a cozy blanket while watching a Ghostbusters Christmas Special playing on TV. 

The doorbell rang, interrupting the show. Candice got up, curiously wondering who was at the door, she answered. 

It was Johnny Gargano.
A dude who had just moved earlier this year and Candice had taken a liking to him, having many things in common and having a small crush on him though they've never spoken. "Uh..Hi." He mumbled, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Hi." She barely whispered, she felt herself start to blush. He moved a bit of his hair out of his eyes. "I..I..You threw a snowball through my kitchen window." He said in a rush. "Oh! That was my friend, Joey." Candice said, flustered. 

"That's fine, you seem kinda cute like inside and out so I'm okay with that." Johnny looked down at his feet. "Sorry that was like super stupid of me to say." He quickly said, embarrassed. "You're good." She smiled at him, softly. "Do..Do you want a cupcake?" Candice asked. "Yeah! Yep." They both smiled at each other. 

"Here you go." She smiled, picking her Wrestling one for a reason. 

Shawn Micheal's logo with a Santa Hat on. 

"Thanks, Shawn Micheals?" He asked, pointing at the design. "Yeah! You like wrestling too?" She asked him. "Love it, it's just incredible." They smiled. "Have you looked at some of the lights in the neighborhood yet, they're super pretty!" Johnny shook his head no. "I haven't but I might soon." Candice went back to the kitchen, having an extra mug of hot cocoa. "Would you want to right now?" 

Johnny felt some sort of connection towards the girl, the girl who was in his History class had caught his eyes and now he was walking with her on the snowy lane in Cleveland, Cocoa in hand, admiring the gorgeous lights. "I'm Johnny, by the way." He looked down at her, catching her eye. "Candice." 

"You just move her into Cleveland?" Candice asked. "No, I've lived here all my life just moved homes and schools." 

"How'd you get into wrestling?" Candice asked, actually curious. "Well My father popped in a DVD of Wrestlemania and it just really caught my eye, I mean I've always been into stuff like Nina Turtles and Power Rangers and heroes and such as a child, I still am, but I knew it wasn't normal in my future to just be a Ninja Turtle or Power Ranger, so wrestling was like the closest thing to that, I just fell in love it, It's so incredible!"  Candice watched as Johnny went on and on about wrestling, the two of them talked on and on about wrestling and such, having an incredible walk. 

-

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

"Are you ready?" Candice looked up at Joey, tying her shoe. "Yep, you?" He nodded. "Did you ever apologize to the person about the snowball and window thingy?" He paused. "Nope." Candice chuckled. "I did, it was Gargano." They started walking to Matt and Nick Jackson's house for the Christmas Eve party. "From our history class?" She nodded. "Don't you have a tiny crush on him." Candice turned to him. "Even bigger now! He's so great, we keep talking and I.." She happily sighed. 

"I'm pretty sure he's gonna be at this party, maybe you can catch him under the mistletoe." Candice looked back at Joey. "Yeah right, plus I don't really want to like do that, I want things to go slowly not too fast." They entered the house, Christmas music blaring throughout the home. 

Man, it doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've brought me some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let it snow, let it snow

The two were sitting on a couch, sipping hot chocolate out of a Grinch Mug with candy canes inside of them. "Hey, Candice, Joey." They both turned around to see Matt and Nick. "Hey you two!" They jumped over the couch, sitting down and joining them. "Happy holidays, you guys gotten together yet?" Joey and Candice looked at each other. "Yuck." They said in unison. "We're just friends." Joey explained. "Hi, Candice." Candice turned her head to see Johnny. "Johnny, hey!" She got up from the couch, giving him a small hug. "How are you?" Candice laughed. "We went to the movies yesterday to see the new Star Wars movie, I'm still doing incredible." "Good to hear." He joined the rest of the friends on the couch. 

"How're you liking Cleveland High?" Nick asked. "Oh it's great, I wasn't sure I was gonna make as many friends as I do now but it's just great." 

"Hold up, we're gonna do something then we'll be right back." Matt apologized, getting up with Nick going into the front of the room. 

"Who'a ready for some Christmas karaoke!" Nick shouted into the mic. The crowd roared with excitement, ready for some karaoke. "Who wants to go first?" Matt said into his mic. Joey shot up from the couch. "Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae!" He yelled. "Joey!" Candice hissed, panicking. "Just trust me, I'm your guy." He whispered into her ear. Johnny looked back at Candice, a bit nervous but laughing. "They'll do Baby It's Cold Outside." Joey added. 

The two went up on stage, looking at each other. "Is it just me or is this reminding me of High School musical?" Johnny whispered. Candice laughed, realizing the parallels to this. "No kidding." He looked at her. "Might as well make the best of this, right?" 

"I really can't stay.." Candice started to softly sing, not really well at it but trying her best. "But baby it's cold outside.." Johnny replied, in a low singing voice.

"I gotta go away.." Candice sang again. 'You're really good.' Johnny mouthed, smiling at her. "Baby it's cold outside.."

The two continued to half sing, half laugh looking into the other's eyes. 

"Baby it's cold outside..!" They both sang in unison, finishing the song as the crowd applauded. They walked off stage, smiling and laughing. "You did great!" Johnny insisted. "I did not, you were the great one!" Candice looked back at Joey who was raising his glass of egg nogg at her in a 'told ya so!' way. 

At the end of the night the two ended up walking around Nick and Matt's house, drinking egg nogg. "It's been a great night." Johnny confessed. "Oh, Absolutely, I never wanted it to end." They smiled at each other before looking up at the ceiling. "Uhh..." Candice mumbled. Johnny gave her a quick kiss on her forehead. "Sorry." He apologized quickly. "No need to." She whispered, looking up at him before giving him a quick kiss. 

"Merry Christmas, Johnny." She whispered, resting her head against his chest and hugging him. 

"Merry Christmas, Candice."