Part - 57

MEHENDI FUNCTION

"Beta Yeh rasam toh Maama Maami karte hai ek saath. Ladki ke Maama Maami?" Priest asked.

Shaurya and Varsha came forward. They did the ritual with Kartik.

"Can I talk to you in alone?" Naira went to Akshara.

"Haan Naira." Akshara was more than happy.

They went in Naira's room.

"Look at these photos once." Naira handed over an album.

Those were Naira's photos with both families.

"I know we both have blood relation. You are my birth mother. I can't deny that. That doesn't mean I'll forgive you. But that too doesn't mean that I'll harm you or let anyone harm you. I took stand for you because I wanted to. I never hated you. May be I still love you. But I need time to love you again. I know not only you but each and every person of these 2 families want our relation to reform. May be somewhere I too want that. But there's still split of 15 years between us. That will take time to reduce distance between our hearts." Naira completed.

Akshara didn't say anything. She was just recovering from what Naira just said.

"You take your time Naira. I'll wait for the day when you will call me MUMMA with your heart." Akshara smiled and walked out of the room.

Naira too went back downstairs.

"MENDEK if you have guts then apply mehendi of my name." Naira challenged.

"But I'm a boy." Kartik moved back.

"Beta lagani toh padegi. Rasam hai. Ladki ki Maa lagayegi." Rukmini made Kartik Sit.

"Ek second." Kartik stopped.

"Kya hua? Akshara you go ahead." Baisa spoke.

"Maa you will not do it?" Kartik looked at Gauri.

"If I'll do that then who will handle your SHERNI? And btw don't forget she too is your mother in law." Gauri smiled.

"Kartik if you want...." Akshara was cut off by Kartik.

"Mother in law I was just indirectly asking for SHERNI's permission. Her mood swings kill me. Do fast before her mood swings turn on." Kartik made a puppy dog face.

"What did you say Mother in law?" Akshara started applying.

"It's our relation I think." Kartik scratched his head with other hand.

"You can call me Maa. Until your SHERNI calls me Mumma." Akshara looked at him.

"Convincing SHERNI is very difficult. You have to do more than enough. It isn't effect of your ate food during her birth. It's all effect of Maa's food which Naira ate. Don't know what will happen with me after marriage." Kartik gulped in fear while Akshara laughed.

"Kya hua Akshara?" Naitik asked.

"Nahi kuch nahi. (Whispering to Kartik) don't worry I'll not tell your SHERNI what you said. I know you will become her prey. I don't want that." Akshara calmed Kartik's fear.

"Aapke charan kahan hai?" Kartik was very happy.

"No need to do that." Akshara blessed him.

Naira and Kartik's mehendi went very well.