Chapter Five

It was the morning of September 1st. Regina was finished with her packing. Again, she was bringing both of her chests with her. The secret one with the three horcruxes, her extra magic wand, and a few other memories of her time as Harry Potter were in the shrunken chest, hidden in a secret compartment she had gotten just recently. The other had her clothes and books.

Hedwig was staying behind. She was too recognizable as Harry's owl. She would now be an owl for the family, but her Great-grandmother and great-grandfather had their own owl for business. Hedwig would not be bored, but there was no way that she could go with her. Regina was going to use school owls or the owls her grandparents sent her for any correspondence.

Regina had made sure to read through all her books again, but most of it was going to be easy. She had some books in the Fawley library that helped her make careful notes on the entire Potions textbook. She had directions in the margins for how to cut each ingredient. She had been tedious about that for the last few weeks.

At 10:30am, Regina had her trunk downstairs in the sitting room. She hugged and kissed her great-grandparents one last time. Then, her Great-Grandfather went through the floo entrance first, and then Regina, and at last, Ethel.

Regina was already dressed her in school robes. She had no desire to allow for the indignity of others to see her relaxed. She walked smoothly toward the scarlet train. She felt the nostalgia of seeing the scarlet of the Hogwarts Express. She continued to push her luggage up into the train. She turned in disgust when she nearly ran into a Muggleborn first year. She tried hard not to brush herself from the contact. Then, she went into the train. She walked back for a little while until she came to her friend Gale Weatherby.

With a look of relief she said, "I am so glad you saved me a seat."

Gale stood up and gave Gale a warm hug. Then she turned to the people around them.

"Regina," she said, "let me introduce you to some of our other yearmates: A short brunette with cutely cropped hair was introduced. "This is Vanessa Moon."

A red-haired girl by the name of Jillian MacDougal was also in their carriage. Blaise Zambini's younger sister, Azure, a very smart looking African American girl. Michelle Harper was the final one.

It was Jillian who took the lead in finding out more about Regina. "So you seem to be quite the new girl on the block," she asked lightly. "Where are you from?"

Regina smiled. She thought she would like Jillian already. "I grew up in the Wales countryside. My parents were a little eccentric, and my father liked his experiments. I believe mother was planning to teach me at home –"

She said that last part with distaste. Then, she continued, "But then my father's last experiment caught on fire. Let's just say it spread like Fiendfyre. I barely got in dad's safe room, when the fire locked me in. It took me weeks to get out."

She sighed heavily, acting for this tragedy, and using the tragedy Harry had felt at the end of last year to show her mixed feelings and sadness. "I have to confess that I loved them, but I think it was fate that I was spared living with them any further."

After they were satisfied with Regina's story about her past and where she was, she listened and observed as the others talked. It seemed to Regina that almost all of them were already looking to her as the leader – which was as it should be. She was getting closer to Jillian who seemed to be a kindred spirit. The two of them had the same sense of humor.

The group of them would be the popular girls in Hogwarts this year. But by pureblood status and intelligence a pecking order had clearly developed. Gale was below MacDougal and Zabini in the pecking order. She was just above Moon and Harper, however.