Chapter Thirteen

The train rolled into Kings Cross Station as hordes of waiting parents stood on the platform for the kids. Regina and Jillian walked down proudly to Jillian's parents. Jillian and her family were staying with the Fawleys for the first part of Christmas break. Jillian's parents were with Niles, the Fawley House Elf.

"Are our guests and Miss Regina ready?" He asked with bubbling excitement.

Regina nodded, "Yes, Niles."

The family led by the House elf made their way to the Kings Cross Floo and waited in line behind many other Pureblood families. As they were waiting Mr. Lucius Malfoy, his wife Narcissa and Draco approached them.

"Ms. Fawley – " he said in greeting, and then inclined his head, "Mr. McDougal."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out an invitation.

"I would be honored if you and all of yours would be present at our annual Ball on Boxer Day."

Mr. MacDougal looked to Regina who smiled up at him in turn.

"We would be honored, Lord Malfoy."

The group had small talk as they continued toward the Floo. Lord Malfoy telling the MacDougals about recent political developments in the Wizengamot.

"You Great-grandfather has been a treasure, Ms. Fawley," he said with a smile.

"He definitely has strong opinions, Lord Malfoy," Regina replied. She wasn't sure that it was a compliment, because from her own training she was receiving on politics from her grandfather, she knew he was sometimes an opponent of Lord Malfoy.

"Please send him my greetings," Lord Malfoy said as he made his way to the open Floo ahead of them.

When it was their turn, Niles, their House Elf led the way as first of all the MacDougals, except for Mr. MacDougal and Regina and Jillian waited so that the younger ones made it in ahead of them. Finally, Jillian, Regina and then Mr. MacDougal made it back inside.

It was with great joy that Regina, Jillian and Mr. & Mrs. MacDougal made the trip to Twilfit and Twattings the next morning. Mr. MacDougal had insisted on accompanying them, due still to the growing violence on the streets of London. Nothing happened as Regina and Jillian and Mrs. MacDougal each got measured and picked out the fabric for their dresses.

For this ball, Regina chose a beige dress base that had red lace over the bodice. It was sleeveless. She planned to wear her hair in wavy curls down around the dress. She planned on the bracelet Jillian had bought her last year and a simple gold necklace. Her earrings would be diamond studs.

Jillian chose a red sleeveless dress that went down to her knees. She chose simple arm bangles and a pearl necklace. Mrs. MacDougal was elegant in a gold dress that was sleeveless and strapless. She had a large diamond necklace, diamond hooped earrings and several diamond bracelets and rings.

On Christmas Day, Regina and Jillian came down in their warm woolen pajamas to a tree filled with presents. Regina had only seen something like it when she had been at Hogwarts with the Weasleys. Now, the tree was laden with presents for her, the MacDougals and others. Jillian got a dark green fur for the outside weather of Hogwarts, and a quilt from Regina, and a pair of earmuffs from Gale, and earrings for her outfit from Azure.

Regina got a custom-made journal from Jillian – for all her notes, earmuffs from Gale, and an anklet for her dress from Azure. Josh Goldstein sent her a small golden bracelet.

Jillian's eyes bugged out at that. "I don't know if you can wear that –"

Regina's immaculate eyes smirked. "I know. If I do, I will tell everyone that I am letting him court me." She shook her head. It is far too early for that.